Do you enjoy organization and a professional workplace where the focus is on details and ensuring things are done “right” the first time? Do you enjoy data analysis? Are you able to thrive in a cooperative and team-oriented setting where work is not routine and often subject to shifting priorities? Do you enjoy working in a company where your contributions really matter and can make an immediate difference?
If so, then you should consider applying for this position with Joink!
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Joink, LLC was founded as an Internet Service Provider, providing dial-up, DSL and fixed wireless broadband Internet services. Today, the company provides connectivity for customers who span the landscape from residential to enterprise using technologies that include leased lines, unlicensed wireless, licensed wireless, and fiber optics. Also, the company provides managed hosting services including virtual machine, web/email, and offsite backup storage. And finally, the Company’s technology services group leverages its enterprise knowledge of networking, software, storage, and telephony technologies to provide design, installation, and continued supported around key technologies from companies such as VMware, Cisco UCS, IBM, Veeam and Microsoft.
The Staff Accountant will prepare and maintain financial records to track the organization’s assets, liabilities, profit and loss, tax liabilities, and other related financial activities.
- Controller with oversight from the Chief Accounting Officer
- No direct reports
- May lead, train, or participate in work team assignments
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Performs general cost accounting and other related duties in the accounting department.
- Prepares periodic (monthly) balance sheets, income statements, and profit and loss statements.
- Record incoming and outgoing ACH activity from online banking.
- Reconciles bank and credit card accounts at least monthly, verifies deposits, and addresses inquiries from banks.
- Verifies payment of invoices associated with accounts payable and ensures payments are charged to the appropriate accounts.
- Reconciles customer accounts and assists with accounts receivable collections.
- Files required tax forms with federal, state, and local government agencies.
- Assist in the year-end audit process, actively working with external auditors to ensure accounting standards are consistent and compliant with GAAP.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Extensive knowledge of general financial accounting and cost accounting
- Understanding of and ability to adhere to generally accepted accounting principles
- Highly proficient with accounting software
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to adjust to rapidly changing priorities
- Capable of managing multiple deadlines
- Analytical and data manipulation skills
- Ability to run reports/compare data
- Ability to learn/understand various departments and their flow of data
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting
- 2-3 years’ experience in public accounting (preferred)
- Experience with Peachtree, QuickBooks, Salesforce.com, Netsuite, AccountingSeed, Sage Intacct (preferred)
- Strong skills in Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel
- Candidate must be willing to reside near or commute to Terre Haute, Indiana
- 8 AM – 5 PM, Monday – Friday, with overtime as needed
- Occasional before work/after work meetings and events
- Less than 10% overnight travel
- Please prepare a cover letter explaining why you are an excellent fit for this position
- Please outline all work experience, detailing any relevant work experience
- Please outline all training and certifications achieved
- Please describe scenarios in which your logic and analytical abilities have allowed you to troubleshoot and solve problems effectively
Please note that this job description is not a comprehensive list of all activities, duties or responsibilities the employee may be required to engage in for this job. These duties, activities, and responsibilities may change at any time with or without notice.
Joink, LLC is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate against or harass any applicant or employee on any grounds prohibited under any federal, state or local law, including race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, citizenship or membership in any other legally protected class.