Are you a self-starter? Are you able to work independently or with limited direction and produce output consistent with company and industry best practices? Are you curious? Are you able to figure things out on your own? Are you a problem solver? Are you passionate about “getting it right?” If so, then you should consider applying for this position with Joink!
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Joink, LLC was founded as an Internet Service Provider, providing dial-up, DSL and fixed wireless broadband Internet services. Today, the company provides connectivity for customers who span the landscape from residential to enterprise as well as other carriers using technologies that include leased lines, unlicensed wireless, licensed wireless, and fiber optics. Nearly all fiber-optic customers are served on Joink’s own fiber, which now spans over 1,000 route miles in west central Indiana and central Illinois. The company provides managed hosting services including virtual machine, web/email, and offsite backup storage as well as technology services and managed services, adding value to resold and integrated technologies from companies such as Cisco, Lenovo, Microsoft, Veeam, and VMware.
ABOUT THE POSITION
The IT Support Technician is responsible for all onsite service and support needs for our customers. This relates to all technology and includes workstations, servers, printers, networks, and vendor specific hardware and software.
- Customer Support Supervisor
- No direct reports
- May lead, train, or participate in work team assignments
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- IT Support relating to technical issues involving Microsoft’s core business applications, as well as virtual environments built on Citrix, Microsoft, and VMware
- Technical and support services for:
- Windows Server, Exchange, SQL, SharePoint, and other Microsoft-related technologies
- WAN and LAN connectivity, routers, firewalls, and security
- Disaster recovery solutions
- Remote access solution implementation (VPN, Terminal Services and Citrix)
- System documentation to include system reviews and recommendations
- Communication with customers as required: keeping them informed of incident progress, notifying them of impending changes or agreed outages
- Document internal processes and procedures related to duties and responsibilities.
- Driving duties include travel to and from customer locations
- Use of ConnectWise:
- Enter time and expenses as they occur
- Work through a daily schedule that has been established through the dispatch process
- Understand processes in ConnectWise by completing assigned training materials and blueprints on ConnectWise University
- Enter all work as service tickets
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Strong customer service orientation and desire to improve customer service, perception, and satisfaction
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
- Ability to maintain a calm demeanor and exhibit professional conduct in stressful situations
- Ability to work with a team
- Business awareness: specific knowledge of the customer and how IT relates to their business strategy and goals
- Ability and desire to remain up-to-date with current and future technologies emerging in the industry through IT publications and online materials
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to changes quickly
- Interpersonal skills such as telephony skills, communication skills, active listening and customer care
- Self-motivated with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment
Key qualifications to fill this position are:
- Preferred: Professional IT Certifications such as Microsoft MCP, MCSA, or MCSE; Citrix CCEA or CCIA; SonicWall CSSA; Cisco CCNA; or VMware VCP
- Ability to diagnose technical issues, matching resources to these issues appropriately
- Ability to maintain awareness of all organization’s key IT services for which support is being provided
- Understanding of support tools, techniques, and how technology is used to provide IT services
- Typing skills to ensure quick and accurate entry of service request details
- 8 AM – 5 PM Monday through Friday
- After hours’ maintenance as requested/required by customer
- Regular travel to customer locations, some office work
- Please prepare a cover letter explaining why you are an excellent fit for this position
- Please discuss your training and certification
- Please describe scenarios in which your logic and analytical abilities have allowed you to troubleshoot and solve problems effectively
Please note that this job description is not a comprehensive list of all activities, duties or responsibilities the employee may be required to engage in for this job. These duties, activities, and responsibilities may change at any time with or without notice.
Joink, LLC is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate against or harass any applicant or employee on any grounds prohibited under any federal, state or local law, including race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, citizenship or membership in any other legally protected class.