Are you a self-starter? Are you able to work independently or with an assistant with limited direction and produce output consistent with company and industry best practices? Are you passionate about bringing reliable, high-speed internet service to end users?
Do you have a solid understanding and experience mounting equipment using tools like strut and pipe clamps? Do you have tower climbing experience? Do you have basic computer skills? How about electrical – do you understand grounding, bonding, 110V service wiring?
If so, then you should consider applying for this position with Joink!
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Joink, LLC was founded as an Internet Service Provider, providing dial-up, DSL and fixed wireless broadband Internet services. Today, the company provides connectivity for customers who span the landscape from residential to enterprise as well as other carriers using technologies that include leased lines, unlicensed wireless, licensed wireless, and fiber optics. Nearly all fiber-optic customers are served on Joink’s own fiber, which now spans over 1,000 route miles in west central Indiana and central Illinois. The company provides managed hosting services including virtual machine, web/email, and offsite backup storage as well as technology services and managed services, adding value to resold and integrated technologies from companies such as Cisco, Lenovo, Microsoft, Veeam, and VMware.
The Wireless Tower Technician helps to install and maintain the tower and central office infrastructure that supports our wirelessly connected customers. This associate helps to implement designs provided by the Senior Wireless Network Designer and/or the Connectivity Manager.
- Connectivity Manager
- No direct reports
- May lead daily work assignments
- May lead, train, or participate in work team assignments
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Regularly climbs towers to heights ranging from 20 feet to approximately 1000 feet.
- Mounts antennas, radios, and cables on towers in accordance with Joink’s policies (ability to discern colors is required to read some equipment/discern data cable strand order).
- Plans, measures, cuts, and assembles various materials as required.
- Performs site maintenance such as cutting weeds, trees, bushes, shoveling rock/dirt, installing grounding systems, servicing/repairing fences and gates
- Assists in other areas such as cleaning/organizing materials and storage
- Maintains inventory of necessary materials and tools for company vehicles.
- Recognizes, practices, and ensures safety rules and procedures.
- Keeps company vehicle in clean, professional appearance.
- Driving duties include travel from worksite to worksite.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Excellent verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Maintains a strong attention to detail
- Possess basic computer skills
- Familiar with electronics, digital radio technology, and cellular systems
- Must be willing to learn new technologies
Key qualifications required to fill this position are:
• High school education or equivalent required
• Experience climbing towers preferred
• Valid driver’s license and clean driving record
• Must have experience with hand tools and hand-held power tools
• Ability to use measuring and diagnostic tools to test, adjust, and repair electronic equipment
• Candidate must be willing to reside near or commute to Terre Haute, Indiana.
Candidates with one or more of the following will be given priority in the selection process:
• Experience using and performing limited maintenance on hand tools such as weed eaters, trenchers, augers, and generators
- Monday – Friday, 8 AM – 5PM
- Must be able to work some overtime as needed and/or without advance notice
- Must be able to be on call to service equipment as necessary and often without advanced notice
- Must be able to lift and carry over 100 pounds regularly
- Predominately outdoor weather conditions all year
- Please prepare a cover letter explaining why you are an excellent fit for this position
- Please outline all work experience, detailing any relevant work experience
- Please outline all training and certifications achieved
Please note that this job description is not a comprehensive list of all activities, duties or responsibilities the employee may be required to engage in for this job. These duties, activities, and responsibilities may change at any time with or without notice.
Joink, LLC is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate against or harass any applicant or employee on any grounds prohibited under any federal, state or local law, including race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, citizenship or membership in any other legally protected class.