Date Revised: March 2021
Job Title: Warehouse Assistant – Fleet/Grounds
Classification: Non-Exempt, Hourly
Do you enjoy working alone? Are you a ‘heads down’ worker? Do you want to be instrumental in the success of growing a regional technology services firm? If so, then you should consider applying for this position with Joink!
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Joink, LLC was founded as an Internet Service Provider, providing dial-up, DSL and fixed wireless broadband Internet services. Today, the company provides connectivity for customers who span the landscape from residential to enterprise using technologies that include leased lines, unlicensed wireless, licensed wireless, and fiber optics. Also, the company provides managed hosting services including virtual machine, web/email, and offsite backup storage. And finally, the Company’s technology services group leverages its enterprise knowledge of networking, software, storage, and telephony technologies to provide design, installation, and continued supported around key technologies from companies such as VMware, Cisco UCS, IBM, Veeam and Microsoft.
ABOUT THE POSITION
We are looking for a responsible custodian who can keep our building and grounds clean as well as assistance with light maintenance and various tasks in the warehouse.
- Warehouse Supervisor
- No direct reports
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Maintains an inventory of cleaning supplies and submits purchasing requests as supplies get low
- Uses cleaning supplies and equipment to keep the interior of the warehouse looking clean and professional
- Cleaning windows
- Using floor scrubber
- Job trailer
- Uses supplies and equipment to keep the exterior of the building looking clean and professional
- Ensuring gates are closed and locked at end of normal office workday
- Cleaning windows
- Watering plants/flowers
- Salting/shoveling in winter
- Weedeating/mowing/spraying in summer
- Use skidsteer to level lot
- General maintenance tasks:
- Change lightbulbs in warehouse/office
- Change lightbulbs/windshield wipers on fleet vehicles
- Air up tires on fleet vehicles/other light maintenance
- Warehouse Duties
- Recycle scrap plastic
- Unload trucks and trailers with forklift
- Receive products
- Physical inventory
- Pick up supplies from vendors
- Deliver supplies to jobsites
- Identify areas that need organized
- Adheres to the company’s safety policies to create a safe work environment for everyone
- Driving duties include to and from jobsites/vendors with equipment as necessary
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Ability to perform duties independently with minimal oversight
- Keeps a calm and cool head in sometimes stressful situations
- Ability to use general computer programs
Key qualifications required to fill this position are:
- Interest in mechanics preferred
- Relevant custodial/grounds experience
- Familiar with hand and power tools
- Able to work on ladders at 20 ft or scissor lift
- Ability to work overnights
- Able to work some overtime as needed and/or without advance notice
- Candidate must be willing to reside near or commute to Terre Haute, Indiana.
- Monday – Friday, 40 hour per week schedule 11 AM – 7 PM
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally over 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception and ability to adjust
- Please prepare a cover letter explaining why you are an excellent fit for this position
- Please outline all work experience, detailing any relevant work experience
- Please outline all training and certifications achieved
Please note that this job description is not a comprehensive list of all activities, duties or responsibilities the employee may be required to engage in for this job. These duties, activities, and responsibilities may change at any time with or without notice.
Joink, LLC is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate against or harass any applicant or employee on any grounds prohibited under any federal, state or local law, including race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, citizenship or membership in any other legally protected class.