ABOUT THE COMPANY
Joink, LLC was founded as an Internet Service Provider, providing dial-up, DSL and fixed wireless broadband Internet services. Today, the company provides connectivity for customers who span the landscape from residential to enterprise using technologies that include leased lines, unlicensed wireless, licensed wireless, and fiber optics. The company is rapidly expanding its western Indiana and eastern Illinois fiber network with a key emphasis on growing fiber to the home subscribers. Also, the company provides hosting services including virtual machine, web/email, and offsite backup storage, managed IT services, and resells IT equipment from industry leading technology companies such as Cisco, Microsoft, Veeam, and VMware.
This individual will be responsible for assisting in the maintenance and growth of Joink’s fiber optic network, managing a team who designs and develops design documentation to support the network and providing daily technical guidance and assistance to design staff. The candidate will assist reports with budgets, project coordination, scheduling and implementation of network related projects. This position will play a key strategic role in coordination and planning with Sales and Design teams regarding current, future, and past opportunities.
- President & CEO
- Signal Design Supervisor
- Fiber Splicing Supervisor
- May lead, train, or participate in work team assignments
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Responsible for the management of design teams focused on post-conduit construction (cable, splicing, patching)
- Responsible for the oversight of cable placement design, splicing and splicing design, and other tasks associated with lighting the network to service FTTx
- Responsible for managing fiber utilization
- Responsible for ongoing network grooming/maintenance to more efficiently utilize fiber as the networkcontinues to evolve
- Works with equipment manufacturers to design and implement equipment to maximize speed and quality while minimizing fiber utilization across multiple technologies (GPON, XGS-PON, WDM, etc)
- Ensures project initiation in a timely manner to meet project timelines or service requirements
- Evaluates IRU fiber, leased fiber, or lit circuits to serve remotes in new markets where Joink may not have any long-haul fiber of its own, or may have only one path
- Searches for potential remote office locations that balance goals of efficient use of fiber, high availability and minimizes total cost of ownership
- Negotiates with landowners for purchase of properties to establish remote offices
- Manages the deployment of remotes including rezoning, permitting, power utility, gas utility, buildout of remote, commissioning of equipment, and documentation. Inclusive of performing or supervising duties related to:
- Maintenance, upkeep, and inspections of remote sites
- Coordination of vendors needed to perform service work at remote sites
- Creation of maintenance checklist and remediation processes
- Visiting remote sites on a regular and as needed basis
- Assisting other departments with equipment installs, replacements, and troubleshooting
- Assisting other departments with fiber interconnects
- Generator testing and troubleshooting; deployment of mobile generation unit in the event of a primary genset failure
- Installation and maintenance of battery/rectifier DC power systems
- Installation and maintenance of facility grounding systems
- Installation and troubleshooting of access control systems and other security monitoring equipment
- Minor HVAC troubleshooting
- Provide tenant access to remote colocation (colo) facilities
- May assist with general facility maintenance and repairs
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Ability to adjust quickly to changing priorities and make quick decisions with limited information
- Keeping a calm and cool demeanor in stressful situations
- Self-motivated and action orientated with a strong results and deliverables focus and the ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and follow up on issues with minimal direction.
- Experience managing multiple tasks, documents, etc.
- Ability to communicate technical concepts to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Strong leadership, management, decision making and organization skills
- Strong analytical ability
- Monday-Friday, 5-day per week, 8 hour per day schedule, with overtime as applicable
- Indoor or outside, year-round
- Able to work overtime as needed and/or without notice to ensure emergency repairs are completed.
- Associate’s degree and 10 years of experience or Bachelor’s degree in related field and 5 years of experience
- Ability to use Microsoft Office software, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Visio.
- Preference will be given to candidates based on FTTx network experience, fiber network experience, and management experience
- Strong diagnostic and mechanical skills
- Strong computer skills to use laptop computer and smart phone for diagnostic tools, time entry, records management systems, and documentation
- Candidate must be willing to reside near or commute to Terre Haute, Indiana.
- Technical knowledge or aptitude to learn about core data network elements and core transport network elements
- Please prepare a cover letter explaining why you are an excellent fit for this position
- Please outline all work experience, detailing any relevant work experience
- Please outline all training and certifications achieved
- Please describe scenarios in which your logic and analytical abilities have allowed you to troubleshoot and solve problems effectively
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Please note that this job description is not a comprehensive list of all activities, duties or responsibilities the employee may be required to engage in for this job. These duties, activities, and responsibilities may change at any time with or without notice.
Joink, LLC is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate against or harass any applicant or employee on any grounds prohibited under any federal, state or local law, including race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, citizenship or membership in any other legally protected class.