Do you enjoy organization and a professional workplace where the focus is on details and ensuring things are done “right” the first time? Do you enjoy data analysis? Are you able to thrive in a cooperative and team-oriented setting where work is not routine and often subject to shifting priorities? Do you enjoy working in a company where your contributions really matter and can make an immediate difference?
If so, then you should consider applying for this position with Joink!
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Joink, LLC was founded as an Internet Service Provider, providing dial-up, DSL and fixed wireless broadband Internet services. Today, the company provides connectivity for customers who span the landscape from residential to enterprise using technologies that include leased lines, unlicensed wireless, licensed wireless, and fiber optics. Also, the company provides managed hosting services including virtual machine, web/email, and offsite backup storage. And finally, the Company’s technology services group leverages its enterprise knowledge of networking, software, storage, and telephony technologies to provide design, installation, and continued supported around key technologies from companies such as VMware, Cisco UCS, IBM, Veeam and Microsoft.
The Senior Accountant will be responsible for general accounting functions, analyzing budgets, reconciliation, preparing and maintaining financial information to track the organization’s assets, liabilities, profit and loss, tax liabilities, and other related financial activities.
- Chief Accounting Officer
- No direct reports
- May lead, train, or participate in work team assignments
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Complete monthly close process, including the preparation of accurate, timely financial statements, management reporting and analysis.
- Review and maintain depreciation and fixed assets schedules
- Analyze financial statements for discrepancies and variances
- Review inter-company transactions and maintain balances
- Files required tax forms with federal, state, and local government agencies
- Generate commission reports
- Reconciles bank and credit card accounts monthly
- Prepares data and annual application related to general business insurances
- Reconciles customer accounts and assists with accounts receivable collections
- Review and recommend modifications to accounting procedures
- Assist in the year-end audit process, actively working with external auditors to ensure accounting standards are consistent and compliant with GAAP principals and legal regulations, including tax and audit rules
- Perform all other duties assigned by supervisor
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Extensive knowledge of general financial accounting and cost accounting
- Understanding of and ability to adhere to generally accepted accounting principles
- Highly proficient with accounting software
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to adjust to rapidly changing priorities and manage multiple deadlines
- Analytical and data manipulation/comparison skills
- Ability to learn/understand various departments and their flow of data
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting (required)
- 3-5 years’ experience in public accounting (preferred)
- Experience with Peachtree, QuickBooks, Salesforce.com, Netsuite, AccountingSeed, Sage Intacct (preferred)
- Strong skills in Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel (including pivot tables and advanced formulas)
- Candidate must be willing to reside near or commute to Terre Haute, Indiana
- 8 AM – 5 PM, Monday – Friday, with overtime as needed
- Occasional before work/after work meetings and events
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to spend long hours using a computer/keyboard and/or phone. May involve prolonged periods of sitting, standing, or walking.
- Please prepare a cover letter explaining why you are an excellent fit for this position
- Please outline all work experience, detailing any relevant work experience
- Please outline all training and certifications achieved
- Please describe scenarios in which your logic and analytical abilities have allowed you to troubleshoot and solve problems effectively
Please note that this job description is not a comprehensive list of all activities, duties or responsibilities the employee may be required to engage in for this job. These duties, activities, and responsibilities may change at any time with or without notice.
Joink, LLC is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate against or harass any applicant or employee on any grounds prohibited under any federal, state or local law, including race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, citizenship or membership in any other legally protected class.