Are you outgoing, people-oriented, and persuasive?
Do you enjoy a flexible work environment?
Do you like to see your ideas put into action?
Do you enjoy educating business partners, customers, and the community as a whole about the company you work for and its products and services?
If so, then you should consider applying for this position with Joink!
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Joink, LLC was founded as an Internet Service Provider, providing dial-up, DSL and fixed wireless broadband Internet services. Today, the company provides connectivity for customers who span the landscape from residential to enterprise using technologies that include leased lines, unlicensed wireless, licensed wireless, and fiber optics. Also, the company provides managed hosting services including virtual machine, web/email, and offsite backup storage. And finally, the Company’s technology services group leverages its enterprise knowledge of networking, software, storage, and telephony technologies to provide design, installation, and continued supported around key technologies from companies such as VMware, Cisco UCS, IBM, Veeam and Microsoft.
The Sales Manager is responsible for oversight of the local and regional Sales team including, but not limited to, establishing territories and goals, budget preparation/monitoring, and performance management.
- VP of Sales
- Sales Supervisor
- May lead, train, or participate in work team assignments
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Provides leadership to the sales team.
- Supervisory responsibilities:
- Work with HR to hire and train sales staff.
- Organizes and oversees the schedules, territories, and performance of regional and local members of the Sales team
- Work with HR on the performance management process including performance evaluations, development, corrections, and terminations.
- Motivates and encourages sales team to ensure goals are met.
- Reviews and analyzes sales and operational records and reports; uses data to project sales, determine profitability and targets, and identify potential new markets.
- Identifies and analyzes customer preferences to properly direct sales efforts.
- Assigns territories and sets goals for sales teams.
- Consults with potential customers to understand their needs; identifies and suggests equipment, products, or services that will meet those needs.
- Resolves customer complaints, staffing problems, and other issues that may interfere with efficient sales operations.
- Collaborates with executive leadership to develop sales quotas and strategies.
- Prepares sales budget; monitors and approves expenses.
- Acts as company representative at trade association meetings.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Communicate effectively with customers, management, and coworkers regarding the job
- Able to listen well and convey technical knowledge in an understandable way
- Provide excellent written and verbal communication
- Be able to make presentations to homeowner or various groups
- Maintain exceptional customer service skills
- Able to troubleshoot problems
- Able to maintain a calm and professional demeanor at all times
- Self-motivated and self-disciplined (able to work with minimal supervision)
- High school education or equivalent (required)
- Minimum of five years experience in a sales or customer facing role
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience in the field of computer science, computer technology, or business administration (preferred)
- Proficient in the use of the Internet, Microsoft Office & Windows software
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- Candidate must be willing to reside near or commute to Terre Haute, Indiana
- 8 AM -5PM, Monday-Friday
- Regular travel, usually less than 100 miles per week of non-overnight travel
- May have access to company vehicle; mileage-reimbursement for personal vehicle usage
- Occasional travel to industry conventions or training
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to spend long hours using a computer/keyboard and/or phone. May involve prolonged periods of sitting, standing, or walking.
- Please prepare a cover letter explaining why you are an excellent fit for this position
- Please outline all work experience, detailing any relevant work experience
- Please outline all training and certifications achieved
- Please describe scenarios in which your logic and analytical abilities have allowed you to troubleshoot and solve problems effectively
Please note that this job description is not a comprehensive list of all activities, duties or responsibilities the employee may be required to engage in for this job. These duties, activities, and responsibilities may change at any time with or without notice.
Joink, LLC is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate against or harass any applicant or employee on any grounds prohibited under any federal, state or local law, including race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, citizenship or membership in any other legally protected class.