Date Revised: April 23, 2020
Job Title: Sales Manager
Classification: Salary, exempt
Do you have a proven track record of winning sales?
Have you been a leader of a successful sales team?
Are you looking to cultivate processes and territories while mentoring a team?
Are you a consistent person—able to perform on a scheduled and predictable basis?
Do you enjoy educating business partners, customers, and the whole community about the company you work for and its products and services?
Do you enjoy cultivating new relationships with municipalities, business owners, and the community?
If so, then you should consider applying for this position with Joink!
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Joink, LLC was founded as an Internet Service Provider, providing dial-up, DSL and fixed wireless broadband Internet services. Today, the company provides connectivity for customers who span the landscape from residential to enterprise using technologies that include leased lines, unlicensed wireless, licensed wireless, and fiber optics. The company provides managed hosting services including virtual machine, web/email, and offsite backup storage. The Company’s technology services group leverages its enterprise knowledge of networking, software, storage, and telephony technologies to provide design, installation, and continued supported around key technologies from companies such as VMware, Cisco, Veeam and Microsoft. And most recently Joink offers managed services – a platform that provides consistent, stable, and reliable IT experiences for end users of PCs, tablets, mobile devices, network infrastructure, and printers delivered through a proactive and layered security approach.
This position will be responsible for maintaining their own book of business, in addition to managing the Joink sales team who sell monthly recurring connectivity services. Joink’s connectivity services include dark fiber, IP transit, lit ethernet service, and local phone service (analog as well as SIP trunks). Target customers include residential (fiber and wireless), multi-dwelling and mixed-use facilities, small businesses, enterprises, and other carriers. Joink has extensively deployed salesforce.com as well as 3-GIS and utilizes both systems to correlate leads from a variety of data sources. The position is also responsible for using tools such as salesforce.com to forecast, report on calls and visits, quote, and be accountable to management. This is a field sales opportunity, with daytime travel 3-4 days/week.
- VP of Operations
- Sales team (4 current sales representatives)
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Maintain ultimate responsible for personal and team’s book of business
- Cultivate the sales team by providing guidance, coaching, and leadership
- Understand clients’ needs, establish credibility, and adopt and implement a consultative approach to selling technology solutions – primarily connectivity
- Establish effective promotions and sales strategies and report on the performance of such efforts
- Participate in business development activities, including recommending to executive management and negotiating transactions to expand our network
- Develop opportunity maps, sales goals, campaigns, and strategies to maximize Joink’s sales
- Capture in our tools all expectations set and all commitments made to the customer to ensure full satisfaction throughout the order fulfillment and service delivery phases of the project
- Deliver fully executed conforming contracts and collaborate with OSP Design team to develop high-level installation plan details providing a clean handoff to order fulfillment
- Joink has traditionally had a problem-solving technical culture, work to develop a sales and proactive account management and relational approach which still being consultative in our sales culture
- Contribute to continued development of “sales playbook” to be used by Joink Sales Team
- Ensure short-term and long-term sales goals and report on goals and achievement to executive management
- Analyze possible new opportunities against pre-determined ROI, NPV, and other organizational financial deal hurdles
- Develop and cultivate strong community relationships, participating in community and customer events
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of the local business market (Vigo/Clay/Sullivan/Vermillion counties)
- Must be comfortable engaging and communicating with Executive Management
- Able to work effectively with internal and external stakeholders
- Desire to train and mentor a team
- Excellent listening skills
- Able to convey technical knowledge in an understandable way
- Provide excellent written and verbal communication
- Be able to make excellent presentations to various groups
- Maintain exceptional customer service skills
- Proven ability to respectfully negotiate
- Able to troubleshoot problems
- Able to maintain a calm and professional demeanor at all times
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment, sometimes with tight deadlines
- Self-motivated and self-disciplined
- Able to work with minimal supervision
- High level of confidentiality in handling all information
- Engaging and energetic personality
- Bachelor’s degree in business-related field (preferred)
- 5+ years in sales, with 3+ years in a leadership/management capacity
- Ability to articulate OSI model, especially Layer 1, Layer 2, and Layer 3
- Proven experience leading a sales team and delivering financially measurable results
- Desire to engage in lifelong learning
- Experience with a lead/opportunity management tool such as Salesforce.com
- Candidate must be willing to reside near or commute to Terre Haute, Indiana.
- 8 AM – 5 PM, Monday – Friday, with overtime as needed
- Occasional before work/after work meetings and events
- Less than 5% overnight travel
- Please prepare a cover letter explaining why you are an excellent fit for this position
- Please outline all work experience, detailing any relevant work experience
- Please outline all training and certifications achieved
- Please describe scenarios in which your logic and analytical abilities have allowed you to troubleshoot and solve problems effectively
Please note that this job description is not a comprehensive list of all activities, duties or responsibilities the employee may be required to engage in for this job. These duties, activities, and responsibilities may change at any time with or without notice.
Joink, LLC is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate against or harass any applicant or employee on any grounds prohibited under any federal, state or local law, including race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, citizenship or membership in any other legally protected class.