Are you outgoing, people-oriented, and persuasive?
Do you enjoy a flexible work environment?
Do you like to see your ideas put into action?
Do you enjoy selling online, over the phone, and in person?
Are you interested in growing through a sales program?
Do you enjoy educating business partners, customers, and the community as a whole about the company you work for and its products and services?
If so, then you should consider applying for this position with Joink!
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Joink, LLC was founded as an Internet Service Provider, providing dial-up, DSL and fixed wireless broadband Internet services. Today, the company provides connectivity for customers who span the landscape from residential to enterprise using technologies that include leased lines, unlicensed wireless, licensed wireless, and fiber optics. Also, the company provides managed hosting services including virtual machine, web/email, and offsite backup storage. And finally, the Company’s technology services group leverages its enterprise knowledge of networking, software, storage, and telephony technologies to provide design, installation, and continued supported around key technologies from companies such as VMware, Cisco UCS, IBM, Veeam and Microsoft.
The Residential Sales Associate is responsible for identifying new opportunities for Joink by visiting new and existing customers. This position is primarily outside sales, will report directly to the Sales Supervisor, and will work closely with department managers in aligning business opportunities in their respective areas.
- Sales Supervisor
- No direct reports
- May lead, train, or participate in work team assignments
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Identify leads, manage prospects and close new sales within Joink Fiber Network footprint
- Identify customer needs and sell products based on current and future customer needs
- Prepare and deliver sales pitches
- Engages in sales outside the office up to 80% percent of the time
- Follows through on all customer requests
- Acts as lead person on preparing written proposals
- Acts as both consultative and technical sales representative during initial contact with customer
- Meets regularly with Sales Supervisor to review sales activities, goals, and progress
- Participates in sales meetings and team building exercises
- Maintains active presence in all markets
- If applicable, hosts educational programs such as lunch and learns events with named accounts and vendors
- If applicable, works trade shows or other hometown events
- Sells commissionable items at agreed rates
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Minimum of two-years’ experience in a sales or customer facing role
- Communicate effectively with customers, management, and coworkers regarding the job
- Able to listen well and convey technical knowledge in an understandable way
- Provide excellent written and verbal communication
- Be able to make presentations to homeowner or various groups
- Maintain exceptional customer service skills
- Able to troubleshoot problems
- Able to maintain a calm and professional demeanor at all times
- Self-motivated and self-disciplined (able to work with minimal supervision)
- High school education or equivalent (required)
- Associates degree or equivalent combination of education and experience in the field of computer science, computer technology, or business administration (preferred)
- Proficient in the use of the Internet, Microsoft Office & Windows software
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- Candidate must be willing to reside near or commute to Terre Haute, Indiana
- 8 AM – 7 PM, Wednesday – Saturday, both office and outside sales, office time 20%, outside sales 80%
- Regular travel, usually less than 100 miles per week of non-overnight travel
- May have access to company vehicle; mileage-reimbursement for personal vehicle usage
- Occasional travel to industry conventions or training
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to spend long hours using a computer/keyboard and/or phone. May involve prolonged periods of sitting, standing, or walking.
- Please prepare a cover letter explaining why you are an excellent fit for this position
- Please outline all work experience, detailing any relevant work experience
- Please outline all training and certifications achieved
- Please describe scenarios in which your logic and analytical abilities have allowed you to troubleshoot and solve problems effectively
Please note that this job description is not a comprehensive list of all activities, duties or responsibilities the employee may be required to engage in for this job. These duties, activities, and responsibilities may change at any time with or without notice.
Joink, LLC is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate against or harass any applicant or employee on any grounds prohibited under any federal, state or local law, including race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, citizenship or membership in any other legally protected class.