Are you outgoing, people-oriented, and persuasive?
Do you enjoy a flexible work environment?
Do you like to see your ideas put into action?
Do you enjoy selling online, over the phone, and in person?
Are you interested in growing through a sales program?
Do you enjoy educating business partners, customers, and the community as a whole about the company you work for and its products and services?
If so, then you should consider applying for this position with Joink!
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Joink, LLC was founded as an Internet Service Provider, providing dial-up, DSL and fixed wireless broadband Internet services. Today, the company provides connectivity for customers who span the landscape from residential to enterprise using technologies that include leased lines, unlicensed wireless, licensed wireless, and fiber optics. Also, the company provides managed hosting services including virtual machine, web/email, and offsite backup storage. And finally, the Company’s technology services group leverages its enterprise knowledge of networking, software, storage, and telephony technologies to provide design, installation, and continued supported around key technologies from companies such as VMware, Cisco UCS, IBM, Veeam and Microsoft.
The Residential Direct Sales Representative is responsible for promoting and selling our products/services directly to homeowners within designated neighborhoods. As a Residential Direct Sales Representative, you will play a vital role in expanding our customer base, increasing sales revenue, and contributing to the overall success of our company.
- Sales Supervisor
- No direct reports
- May lead, train, or participate in work team assignments
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Conduct door-to-door sales presentations to homeowners, showcasing the benefits and features of our products/services, engaging in sales outside the office up to 80% of the time.
- Prospect and identify potential customers in assigned residential areas, using strategic approaches to initiate conversations and secure sales appointments.
- Educate homeowners on the advantages of our products/services and addressing any inquiries or concerns they may have.
- Customize sales pitches based on individual homeowner needs and preferences, aiming to close sales effectively.
- Accurately record and maintain customer information, sales activities, and sales leads in the provided CRM system.
- Meet or exceed weekly, monthly, and quarterly sales targets and goals set by the Sales Manager.
- Collaborate with the sales leadership and cross-functional teams to optimize sales strategies, campaigns, and promotional activities.
- Participate in regular sales training and development programs to enhance product knowledge and sales skills.
- Represent the company in a professional and ethical manner, adhering to all company policies and industry regulations.
- Provide exceptional customer service and follow up with customers to ensure satisfaction and address any post-sale inquiries or concerns.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Excellent written and verbal communication, negotiation, and interpersonal skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Resilient and able to handle rejection and objections effectively
- Able to listen well and convey technical knowledge in an understandable way
- Self-motivated and self-disciplined (able to work with minimal supervision)
- Able to maintain a calm and professional demeanor at all times
- High school education or equivalent (required)
- Bachelor’s degree (preferred)
- Proven experience in sales, preferably in a door-to-door or direct sales role and a demonstrated ability to meet or exceed sales targets
- Proficient in using CRM software and other relevant sales tools
- Proficient in the use of the Internet, Microsoft Office & Windows software
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation
- Candidate must be willing to reside near or commute to Terre Haute, Indiana
- 8 AM – 5 PM, Monday – Friday, both office and outside sales, office time 20%, outside sales 80%
- Regular travel
- May have access to company vehicle; mileage-reimbursement for personal vehicle usage
- Occasional travel to industry conventions or training
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to spend long hours using a computer/keyboard and/or phone. Involves prolonged periods of sitting, standing, and walking.
- Please prepare a cover letter explaining why you are an excellent fit for this position
- Please outline all work experience, detailing any relevant work experience
- Please outline all training and certifications achieved
- Please describe scenarios in which your logic and analytical abilities have allowed you to troubleshoot and solve problems effectively
Please note that this job description is not a comprehensive list of all activities, duties or responsibilities the employee may be required to engage in for this job. These duties, activities, and responsibilities may change at any time with or without notice.
Joink, LLC is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate against or harass any applicant or employee on any grounds prohibited under any federal, state or local law, including race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, citizenship or membership in any other legally protected class.