Do you enjoy working outside? Are you interested in building a next generation broadband infrastructure for our community? Do you want to be instrumental in the success of growing a regional technology services firm that has its own metropolitan fiber optic network?
If so, then you should consider applying for this position with Joink!
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Joink, LLC was founded as an Internet Service Provider, providing dial-up, DSL and fixed wireless broadband Internet services. Today, the company provides connectivity for customers who span the landscape from residential to enterprise using technologies that include leased lines, unlicensed wireless, licensed wireless, and fiber optics. Also, the company provides managed hosting services including virtual machine, web/email, and offsite backup storage. And finally, the Company’s technology services group leverages its enterprise knowledge of networking, software, storage, and telephony technologies to provide design, installation, and continued supported around key technologies from companies such as VMware, Cisco UCS, IBM, Veeam and Microsoft.
This representative will be responsible for assisting in the maintenance and repair of Joink’s remote sites. In this role, the individual will visit the remotes, ensure proper maintenance is completed in a timely fashion, and provide members with support on how to safely access and operate within the remote(s). This individual will be the first responder to equipment breakdown or events at each remote. Candidate will successfully collaborate with other departments to achieve project success. We are looking for someone who wants an exciting opportunity to become a key player as we continue to experience exponential growth.
- Special Projects Associate
- No direct reports
- May lead, train, or participate in work team assignments
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Maintenance, upkeep, and inspections of remote sites
- Coordinate vendors needed to perform service work at remote sites
- Create a maintenance checklist and remediation processes
- Visit remote sites on a regular and as needed basis
- Assist other departments with equipment installs, replacements, and troubleshooting
- Assist other departments with fiber interconnects
- Generator testing and troubleshooting; deployment of mobile generation unit in the event of a primary genset failure
- Installation and maintenance of battery/rectifier DC power systems
- Installation and maintenance of facility grounding systems
- Installation and troubleshooting of access control systems and other security monitoring equipment
- Minor HVAC troubleshooting
- Provide tenant access to remote colocation (colo) facilities
- May assist with general facility maintenance and repairs
- Driving duties include driving to and from remote locations (approx. 130-mile radius from Terre Haute) with tools to complete necessary work.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Ability to adjust quickly to changing priorities and make quick decisions with limited information
- Keeping a calm and cool demeanor in stressful situations
- Self-motivated and action orientated with a strong results and deliverables focus and the ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and follow up on issues with minimal direction.
- Experience managing multiple tasks, documents, etc.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Ability to communicate technical concepts to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Monday-Friday, 5-day per week, 8 hour per day schedule, with overtime as applicable
- Indoor or outside, year-round
- This position is at least 50% in-the-field repairs and subject to weather conditions within approx. 130 mile radius of Terre Haute location.
- Ideal conditions will be 25 degrees Fahrenheit and above. Work will likely be reduced to emergency repairs when temperatures fall below that threshold.
- Able to work overtime as needed and/or without notice to ensure emergency repairs are completed.
- Preference will be given to candidates with more than three years of experience in a maintenance related profession
- Strong diagnostic and mechanical skills
- Basic computer skills to use laptop computer and smart phone for diagnostic tools, completion of work order, time entry, and documentation
- Proficiency in use of hand tools
- Candidate must be willing to reside near or commute to Terre Haute, Indiana
- Please prepare a cover letter explaining why you are an excellent fit for this position
- Please outline all work experience, detailing any relevant work experience
- Please outline all training and certifications achieved
- Please describe scenarios in which your logic and analytical abilities have allowed you to troubleshoot and solve problems effectively
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Please note that this job description is not a comprehensive list of all activities, duties or responsibilities the employee may be required to engage in for this job. These duties, activities, and responsibilities may change at any time with or without notice.
Joink, LLC is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate against or harass any applicant or employee on any grounds prohibited under any federal, state or local law, including race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, citizenship or membership in any other legally protected class.