Date Revised: October 2021
Job Title: Recruiting Specialist
Classification: Hourly, Non-Exempt
QUALIFYING QUESTIONS Do you love finding talented people and matching them with positions they’ll love while improving your organization’s performance? Do you enjoy a challenging position where you can develop your skills?
If so, then you should consider applying for this position with Joink!
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Joink, LLC was founded as an Internet Service Provider, providing dial-up, DSL and fixed wireless broadband Internet services. Today, the company provides connectivity for customers who span the landscape from residential to enterprise using technologies that include unlicensed wireless, licensed wireless, and fiber optics. Also, the company provides managed hosting services including virtual machine, web/email, and offsite backup storage. And finally, the Company’s technology services group leverages its enterprise knowledge of networking, software, storage, and telephony technologies to provide design, installation, and continued support around key technologies from companies such as VMware, Cisco, Veeam and Microsoft.
This position will be responsible for taking on the recruiting function. This position will source, screen and recruit candidates, building relationships with those candidates as well as with organizations in the community to match talented individuals with Joink.
- HR Supervisor
- No direct reports
- May lead, train, or participate in work team assignments
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Source and recruit candidates by using databases, social media, and building positive relationships with organizations in the community.
- Screen candidates resumes and job applications.
- Perform phone interviews to assist in the assessment of relevant knowledge, skills, soft skills and experience.
- Onboard new employees in order to help them become fully integrated.
- Act as a point of contact and build influential candidate relationships during the selection process.
- Promote the company’s reputation as a great place to work.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Must be comfortable engaging and communicating with employees at every level
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Be able to make excellent presentations to various groups
- Interviewing skills
- Understanding of HR functions such as recruitment and retention.
- Able to maintain a professional demeanor at all times
- Self-motivated and self-disciplined (able to work with minimal supervision)
- High level of confidentiality in handling information
- Bachelor’s degree in HR-related field or equivalent experience
- Experience in recruiting and on-boarding
- Desire to engage in lifelong learning
- Willingness to take on various HR functions
- Candidate must be willing to reside near or commute to Terre Haute, Indiana.
- 8 AM – 5 PM, Monday – Friday, with overtime as needed
- Some morning and evenings will be required for onboarding and recruiting events
- Less than 10% overnight travel
- Please prepare a cover letter explaining why you are an excellent fit for this position
- Please outline all work experience, detailing any relevant work experience
- Please outline all training and certifications achieved
- Please describe scenarios in which your logic and analytical abilities have allowed you to troubleshoot and solve problems effectively
Please note that this job description is not a comprehensive list of all activities, duties or responsibilities the employee may be required to engage in for this job. These duties, activities, and responsibilities may change at any time with or without notice.
Joink, LLC is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate against or harass any applicant or employee on any grounds prohibited under any federal, state or local law, including race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, citizenship or membership in any other legally protected class.