Date Revised: September 2021
Job Title: Purchasing Agent
QUALIFYING QUESTIONS Do you want to be part of a customer focused, high performance, high integrity team of technology professionals? Here at Joink, we deliver trusted technology solutions. We’re in search of dynamic individuals that are passionate about technology and providing the best-in-class customer service we’re known for.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Joink, LLC was founded as an Internet Service Provider, providing dial-up, DSL and fixed wireless broadband Internet services. Today, the company provides connectivity for customers who span the landscape from residential to enterprise using technologies that include unlicensed wireless, licensed wireless, and fiber optics. Also, the company provides managed hosting services including virtual machine, web/email, and offsite backup storage. And finally, the Company’s technology services group leverages its enterprise knowledge of networking, software, storage, and telephony technologies to provide design, installation, and continued support around key technologies from companies such as VMware, Cisco, Veeam and Microsoft.
ABOUT THE POSITION
The Purchasing Agent will oversee the sourcing and obtaining of necessary materials and equipment used by Joink. The Purchasing Agent will interact with vendors, manufacturers, and Joink Staff to determine the best products at the best price. Evaluate suppliers by considering price, quality, availability, and other criteria. Additionally, the purchaser will evaluate Joink inventory to determine the stocking levels regarding current and future needs, supplier lead times, and product migration.
We are looking for an individual who is at home on the cutting edge of technology, can analyze different products with a list of set requirements, present the benefits of certain product/vendors over others, and evaluate purchase agreements. Individual must be able to work across departments, liaison with our vendors, and be a great ambassador for Joink.
- Sr. Business Analyst
- No direct reports
- May lead, train, or participate in work team assignments
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Develop and adhere to organizational standards
- Conduct research for new and existing products
- Evaluating stocking levels avoiding excessive surplus or inefficiencies
- Interact with suppliers to resolve shipping errors and product issues
- Analyze various suppliers to ensure the company is receiving the best cost-effective deals of currently stocked inventory
- Interview vendors and visit suppliers to learn about products, services, and pricing
- Attend industry trade shows to learn about and stay current on trends and to meet suppliers
- Designing and implementing an inventory tracking system for optimized inventory control procedures
- Finding and implementing manufacturer deals and maintaining special vendor pricing
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Ability to work on multiple priorities and/or projects simultaneously
- Excellent listening and communications skills, both verbal and written
- Organized, detail oriented and self-motivated
- Ability to provide and maintain detailed documentation
- Willingness to develop professionally
- Analytical skills, including ability to research and solve problems
- Ability to work independently, with limited supervision
- Team player; reliable and dependable to complete assignments accurately and on time
- Ability to evaluate suppliers by considering price, quality, availability, and other criteria
- Ability to distinguish difference between products and materials based on product specifications
- Ability to communicate technical specification about products
- General computer skills – proficiency with MS Office, Outlook, Excel, and Adobe Pro
- Candidate must be willing to reside near or commute to Terre Haute, Indiana
- 8 AM – 5 PM, Monday – Friday, occasional overtime as deadlines require
- Less than 10% overnight travel
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to spend long hours using a computer/keyboard and/or phone. May involve prolonged periods of sitting, standing, or walking.
- Please prepare a cover letter explaining why you are an excellent fit for this position
- Please outline all work experience, detailing any relevant work experience
- Please outline all training and certifications achieved
- Please describe scenarios in which your logic and analytical abilities have allowed you to troubleshoot and solve problems effectively
Please note that this job description is not a comprehensive list of all activities, duties or responsibilities the employee may be required to engage in for this job. These duties, activities, and responsibilities may change at any time with or without notice.
Joink, LLC is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate against or harass any applicant or employee on any grounds prohibited under any federal, state or local law, including race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, citizenship or membership in any other legally protected class.