Are you all about the details and getting it right the first time? Do you appreciate completing processes based on established procedures? Enjoy feeling like an expert because you’ve received the necessary training to do your job well? Appreciate a “thank you” for a day of hard work? If so, then you should consider applying for this position with Joink!
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Joink, LLC was founded as an Internet Service Provider, providing dial-up, DSL and fixed wireless broadband Internet services. Today, the company provides connectivity for customers who span the landscape from residential to enterprise using technologies that include leased lines, unlicensed wireless, licensed wireless, and fiber optics. Also, the company provides managed hosting services including virtual machine, web/email, and offsite backup storage. And finally, the Company’s technology services group leverages its enterprise knowledge of networking, software, storage, and telephony technologies to provide design, installation, and continued support around key technologies from companies such as VMware, Cisco UCS, IBM, Veeam and Microsoft.
ABOUT THE POSITION
The Project Specialist will process residential orders after a sale is completed and coordinate outdoor construction, scheduling, locates, splicing, interior construction, activation, and overall happiness and satisfaction with install, communicating with the customer throughout this process.
We are looking for an individual who is comfortable with details, communication across departments, and who can be an excellent ambassador for Joink.
- Project Specialist
- No direct reports, but must be confident asserting requirements to internal and external resources
- May lead, train, or participate in work team assignments
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Coordinates residential orders from post-sale to post-activation.
- Reviews Inside Plant drawings (ISP) to ensure:
- The cable path is feasible
- The crew assigned to the job is equipped with the necessary materials and tools to complete the scope of work
- Selected customer premise equipment (CPE) is compatible with products ordered
- Calls to coordinate scheduling of work
- Notifies any permitting authorities of the work planned (if required)
- Calls in (or enters online) locates with Indiana 811
- Verifies that Joink’s systems are kept updated with time entry reflecting each individual who has worked the job
- Verifies that Joink’s systems are kept updated with details from each phase of work and a correct overall status and achievable target completion date
- Follows up with customer after completion to confirm customer satisfaction.
- Closes out any bonds or permits entered for the order
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Ability to work on multiple priorities and/or projects simultaneously
- Ability to understand relative position of places, distances and direction on a map or aerial image
- Excellent listening and communications skills, both verbal and written
- Organized, detail-oriented and self-motivated
- Ability to provide and maintain detailed documentation
- Willingness to develop professionally
- Analytical skills, including ability to research and solve problems
- Ability to work independently, with limited supervision
- Team player; reliable and dependable to complete assignments accurately and on time
- High School Diploma
- General computer skills – proficiency with MS Office, Outlook, Excel, and Adobe Acrobat Pro
- Experience with Salesforce preferred
- Experience with Docusign preferred
- Experience coordinating underground construction preferred
- Experience coordinating interior construction preferred
- Candidate must be willing to reside near or commute daily to an office in Terre Haute, Indiana
- 8 AM – 5 PM, Monday – Friday, occasional overtime as deadlines require
- Overnight travel limited to occasional training or professional development (less than 5 days per year, unless additional training is requested by applicant)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to spend long hours using a computer/keyboard and/or phone. May involve prolonged periods of sitting, standing, or walking.
- Please prepare a cover letter explaining why you are an excellent fit for this position
- Please outline all work experience, detailing any relevant work experience
- Please outline all training and certifications achieved
- Please describe multiple scenarios in which your logic and analytical abilities have allowed you to troubleshoot and solve problems effectively
- Please describe multiple scenarios in which your experience has allowed you to resolve conflicts or dissatisfaction among internal or external resources or customer dissatisfaction.
Please note that this job description is not a comprehensive list of all activities, duties or responsibilities the employee may be required to engage in for this job. These duties, activities, and responsibilities may change at any time with or without notice.
Joink, LLC is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate against or harass any applicant or employee on any grounds prohibited under any federal, state or local law, including race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, citizenship or membership in any other legally protected class.