Do you enjoy taking on complex projects and planning, organizing, and communicating with various stakeholders in order to move it toward completion? Do you like fast-paced, detail-oriented work? Do you enjoy working with various people to efficiently reach goals?
If so, then you should consider applying for this position with Joink!
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Joink, LLC was founded as an Internet Service Provider, providing dial-up, DSL and fixed wireless broadband Internet services. Today, the company provides connectivity for customers who span the landscape from residential to enterprise using technologies that include leased lines, unlicensed wireless, licensed wireless, and fiber optics. Also, the company provides managed hosting services including virtual machine, web/email, and offsite backup storage. And finally, the Company’s technology services group leverages its enterprise knowledge of networking, software, storage, and telephony technologies to provide design, installation, and continued supported around key technologies from companies such as VMware, Cisco UCS, IBM, Veeam and Microsoft.
ABOUT THE POSITION
The Project Management Specialist will manage key projects. Responsibilities will include coordination of projects to ensure completion on time and within scope. This position will set deadlines, assign responsibilities and monitor and summarize progress of the project, preparing reports for upper management.
- VP Of Operations
- No direct reports
- May lead, train, or participate in work team assignments within Joink
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Project Planning:
- Assist in the definition of scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring feasibility
- Develop a detailed project plan to monitor and track progress, creating and maintaining comprehensive project documentation.
- Identify, prevent, and manage risks.
- Ensure resource availability and allocation.
- Set milestones and deadlines.
- Project Management:
- Assign, prioritize, and supervise project tasks
- Integration and construction activities
- Report and escalate to upper management as needed.
- Ensure all projects are delivered on-time, within scope, and within budget.
- Track project performance using appropriate metrics, tools, and techniques
- Track project costs in order to meet budget
- Utilize industry best practices, techniques, and standards throughout entire project execution
- Establish and maintain positive relationships with project stakeholders
- Coordinate internal resources, third parties, or vendors for the execution of projects
- Meet with internal and external stakeholders to clarify specific requirements of each project
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Proven ability to solve problems creatively
- Familiarity with project management tools, methodologies, and best practices
- Excellent analytical skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work successfully with all levels of management
Key qualifications required to fill this position are:
- Bachelor’s degree in IT discipline, business, or related field
- 5 years of project management and related experience
- Experience seeing projects through the full life cycle
- Project Management Professional (PMP) / PRINCE II certification preferred
- Candidate must be willing to reside near or commute to Terre Haute, Indiana.
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- Able to work some overtime as needed and/or without advance notice
- 8 AM – 5 PM Monday through Friday
- Up to 50% overnight travel required
Please note that this job description is not a comprehensive list of all activities, duties or responsibilities the employee may be required to engage in for this job. These duties, activities, and responsibilities may change at any time with or without notice.
Joink, LLC is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate against or harass any applicant or employee on any grounds prohibited under any federal, state or local law, including race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, citizenship or membership in any other legally protected class.