Do you enjoy working outside? Are you interested in building a next generation broadband infrastructure for our community? Do you want to be instrumental in the success of growing a regional technology services firm that has its own metropolitan fiber optic network?
If so, then you should consider applying for this position with Joink!
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Joink, LLC was founded as an Internet Service Provider, providing dial-up, DSL and fixed wireless broadband Internet services. Today, the company provides connectivity for customers who span the landscape from residential to enterprise using technologies that include leased lines, unlicensed wireless, licensed wireless, and fiber optics. Also, the company provides managed hosting services including virtual machine, web/email, and offsite backup storage. And finally, the Company’s technology services group leverages its enterprise knowledge of networking, software, storage, and telephony technologies to provide design, installation, and continued supported around key technologies from companies such as VMware, Cisco UCS, IBM, Veeam and Microsoft.
ABOUT THE POSITION
The Traffic Control Technician (TCT) will work in the Outside Plant division of our business and be responsible for working with construction teams to ensure that automobiles and pedestrians do not interfere with, or pose a danger to, laborers and their projects.
- The TCT must create a safe work zone that ensures that traffic does not cause a threat to the workers.
- This involves setting up cones and safety barriers that show traffic where to drive, as well as holding up signs that tells traffic to either stop or to proceed slowly.
- Traffic-control technicians must be constantly aware of both the construction and traffic activity taking place around them. Compliance with all safety regulations is mandatory.
- OSP Crew Supervisor
- No direct reports
- May lead, train, or participate in work team assignments
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Setup, maintain and remove temporary work zones including warning signs, traffic cones and arrow boards according to ATSSA, INDOT, and permitting regulations; will obtain ATSSA Flagging Certification.
- Load and unload work zone equipment to and from the company vehicle
- Complete all required paperwork in a timely manner
- Assist OSP Crew as necessary, including:
- Clean/organize Flagging Equipment
- Spot Vehicles in/out of work zones
- Driving duties include:
- Driving company vehicle and equipment to and from work sites in a safe manner
- Keep company vehicle clean and orderly, informing management of any safety concerns or vehicle problems.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Always operates in a manner that promotes personal, team, and property safety
- Always communicate and exhibit professional conduct
- Provides excellent verbal communication
- Is motivated to meet or exceed daily production goals while operating safely, efficiently, and without compromising quality
- Ability to adjust quickly to changing priorities and make quick decisions with limited information
- Keeping a calm and cool head in sometimes stressful situations
The ideal candidate for this position will meet the following qualifications:
- A valid driver’s license is required
- A safe driving record.
- Negative results on a drug test prior to employment and maintain likewise throughout employment
- Candidates must become certified in basic traffic safety techniques by attending paid training class provided by Joink
- Experience in Traffic Control a plus
- Excellent communication skills are a necessity.
- ATSSA Certification a plus.
- The TCT must be able to work in all weather conditions and stand for long periods of time.
- Candidate must be willing to reside in or commute to Terre Haute, Indiana. For more information about our community, please see:
- Monday – Thursday, 4-day per week, 10-hour per day schedule
- Almost exclusively outside, year-round, in all weather conditions
- Ideal conditions will be 25 degrees Fahrenheit and above. Work will likely be reduced to emergency repairs when temperatures fall below that threshold.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. This includes lifting multiple traffic cones or barrels at one time for setup and staging. Employee will often connect the arrow board trailer to truck. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Please prepare a cover letter explaining why you are an excellent fit for this position
- Please outline all work experience, detailing any relevant work experience
- Please outline all training and certifications achieved
Please note that this job description is not a comprehensive list of all activities, duties or responsibilities the employee may be required to engage in for this job. These duties, activities, and responsibilities may change at any time with or without notice.
Joink, LLC is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate against or harass any applicant or employee on any grounds prohibited under any federal, state or local law, including race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, citizenship or membership in any other legally protected class.