Do you enjoy working outside? Do you enjoy working alone? Do you prefer a professional workplace where the focus is on accuracy, detail, and getting things “right” as you become a technical expert in your field? Do you like a changing environment with a sense of urgency? Do you want to be instrumental in the success of growing a regional technology services firm?
If so, then you should consider applying for this position with Joink!
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Joink, LLC (“Joink” or the “Company”) is a fiber and fixed wireless broadband provider that owns and operates +1,000 fiber route miles across Indiana and Illinois. The Company’s near-term focus is to further grow its fiber-to-the-home (“FTTH”) and enterprise fiber business. Recently, the Company acquired Computer Techniques, LLC, a FTTH company, based in central Illinois. Joink is backed by DIF Capital Partners (“DIF”), a global independent investment manager with EUR 15 billion in assets under management, and Gilead Group, a family office located in St Louis.
ABOUT THE POSITION
This position will be responsible for determining property boundaries, creating plats of surveys, and staking construction boundaries in collaboration with our Outside Plant (OSP) Design team.
- OSP Design Lead
- No direct reports
- May lead, train, or participate in work team assignments
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Preparing and maintaining sketches, maps, and reports of legal descriptions of surveys
- Familiarity with construction drawings and processes
- Verifying data and calculations
- Recording results of surveys
- Calculating the measurements of sites
- Writing descriptions of property boundaries
- Researching legal documents, survey records, and land titles to clarify information about property boundaries
- Providing OSP construction team with stakes at construction boundaries
- Researching parcels and roadways for proof of Right of Way
- Ability to communicate verbally and written, to interact with the public and appropriately answer questions and address issues raised by property owners and others associated with the project
- Conducting physical site surveys using a variety of equipment and tools
- Physical ability to traverse a variety of terrain while carrying equipment
- Driving duties include driving to/from the site requiring the work to be performed
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to keep a calm, cool head in stressful situations
- Ability to work jointly in a team environment
- Organizational skills
- Logical thinking skills
Key qualifications required to fill this position are:
- Professional Land Surveyor (PLS) license (Indiana)
- 2+ years of experience in land surveying
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and other laptop/phone applications (Outlook, Google Earth)
- Experience in performing complex measurements, analyzing data, and recording results accurately
- Good numeracy skills and the ability to make mathematical calculations
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- Candidate must be willing to reside near or commute to Terre Haute, Indiana
- 8:00AM-5:00PM, Monday – Friday
- Varying office and field time throughout week
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Please prepare a cover letter explaining why you are an excellent fit for this position
- Please outline all work experience, detailing any relevant work experience
- Please outline all training and certifications achieved
Please note that this job description is not a comprehensive list of all activities, duties or responsibilities the employee may be required to engage in for this job. These duties, activities, and responsibilities may change at any time with or without notice.
Joink, LLC is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate against or harass any applicant or employee on any grounds prohibited under any federal, state or local law, including race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, citizenship or membership in any other legally protected class.