Date Revised: September, 2021
Job Title: OSP Locator
Classification: Non-Exempt, Hourly
QUALIFYING QUESTIONS Do you enjoy working outside? Do you enjoy working alone? Do you prefer a professional workplace where the focus is on accuracy, detail, and getting things “right” as you become a technical expert in your field? Do you like a changing environment with a sense of urgency? Do you want to be instrumental in the success of growing a regional technology services firm? If so, then you should consider applying for this position with Joink!
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Joink, LLC was founded as an Internet Service Provider, providing dial-up, DSL and fixed wireless broadband Internet services. Today, the company provides connectivity for customers who span the landscape from residential to enterprise using technologies that include leased lines, unlicensed wireless, licensed wireless, and fiber optics. Also, the company provides managed hosting services including virtual machine, web/email, and offsite backup storage. And finally, the Company’s technology services group leverages its enterprise knowledge of networking, software, storage, and telephony technologies to provide design, installation, and continued supported around key technologies from companies such as VMware, Cisco UCS, IBM, Veeam and Microsoft.
ABOUT THE POSITION
This position will be responsible for locating our underground assets. This position will also be required to serve in an on-call rotation with existing staff. This rotation is required to have work vehicle at home and work phone availability for night and weekend hours in case of emergency utility work near our underground plant.
- OSP Locator – Lead
- No direct reports
- May lead, train, or participate in work team assignments
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Receive a locate ticket in our Salesforce ticket management system
- Driving duties include driving to/from the site requiring the locate to be performed
- Connect locating electronics to post to connect to our existing plant and walk the path to determine its exact location
- Place paint and flags on top of the current plant
- Take photos when completed
- Upload photos to our server and update ticket with time completed
- Record receipt of inventory and non-stock items
- Assist in maintaining inventory of items, shelving and organizing on a daily basis
- Sign out materials in accordance to procedures
- Be in an on-call rotation with current staff
- During lower locate census, working with cable team in placing optic fiber cable
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Adept in verbal and written communication
- Demonstrates a strong passion to train and resolve end user questions
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to keep a calm, cool head in stressful situations
Key qualifications required to fill this position are:
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and other laptop/phone applications (Outlook, Google Earth)
- High school diploma
- Candidate must be willing to reside near or commute to Terre Haute, Indiana.
- 7:30AM-3:30PM, Monday – Friday, with rotating on-call duties
- Primarily outdoors, although warehouse has office that is heated/cooled
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee must regularly lift and /or move 50-75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Please prepare a cover letter explaining why you are an excellent fit for this position
- Please outline all work experience, detailing any relevant work experience
- Please outline all training and certifications achieved
Please note that this job description is not a comprehensive list of all activities, duties or responsibilities the employee may be required to engage in for this job. These duties, activities, and responsibilities may change at any time with or without notice.
Joink, LLC is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate against or harass any applicant or employee on any grounds prohibited under any federal, state or local law, including race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, citizenship or membership in any other legally protected class.