Are you a self-starter? Do you enjoy working outside? Are you conscious of safety and quality of workmanship? Do you want to be instrumental in the success of growing a regional technology services firm? If so, then you should consider applying for this position with Joink!
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Joink, LLC (“Joink” or the “Company”) is a fiber and fixed wireless broadband provider that owns and operates +1,000 fiber route miles across Indiana and Illinois. The Company’s near-term focus is to further grow its fiber-to-the-home (“FTTH”) and enterprise fiber business. Recently, the Company acquired Computer Techniques, LLC, a FTTH company, based in central Illinois. Joink is backed by DIF Capital Partners (“DIF”), a global independent investment manager with EUR 15 billion in assets under management, and Gilead Group, a family office located in St Louis.
This position will work with the management team to understand the scope of work to be completed in the field and validation that work was performed in accordance to such standards. The employee will oversee the jobsites, process all paperwork, and validate that projects are completed according to scope. This position will be responsible for using various forms and tools to provide feedback on adherence to the scope and customer feedback.
- Senior OSP Inspector
- No direct reports
- May lead, train, or participate in work team assignments
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Locate our outside fiber optic plant using a locator
- Ability to differentiate colors used in fiber optic cabling and utility locates
- Verify as-built drawings through measuring in the field
- Inspect end-user installations for customer satisfaction and installation quality in accordance with our internal best practices (includes fiber optic and wireless in both residential, small business, and enterprise settings)
- Performs Hazard Recognition Awareness to remove all hazards from the workplace
- Investigate customer complaints with work performed in the field and take proper action to resolve them on a timely basis
- Investigate accidents and work to promote a culture of safety among peers
- Inspect equipment periodically to ensure maintenance and safety standards are being met
- Under directives of supervisor, may participate in:
- Investigation of customer complaints with work performed in the field and work to resolve
- Periodic inspection of equipment to ensure maintenance/safety standards are met
- Recommend supplies and equipment purchases
- Interpret and respond to customer satisfaction feedback surveys
- Serve as a liaison between management and the field to ensure compliance with scope of work documents
- Audit the proper utilization, maintenance, and condition of all company-owned equipment and tools
- Review and document hard surface restorations
- Perform some soft restoration
- Maintenance of physical network (including locate posts, weed eating, reviewing network path for concerns)
- Document xyz coordinates
- Driving duties: Will drive between inspection sites daily.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Exceptional Customer Service skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Adept in verbal and written communication
- Record of strong work attendance
- Passion for organization, measurement, and application of policies to workmanship
- Ability to multi-task and transition in and out of a variety of projects
- Ability to write simple reports and complete mathematical calculations
- Ability to scope out and estimate jobs, then report against progress to projections
- Ability to use mobile devices including tablets, laptops, digital cameras, and cell phones to take notes
- Ability to communicate with customers
- Experience in utilizing CAD or other GIS-based mapping systems a plus
- Experience in Right-of-Way construction a plus
- Experience in utility inspection and engineering support a plus
- Experience in mediation or similar customer facing problem solving
- Candidate must be willing to reside near or commute to Terre Haute, Indiana.
- 7 AM – 4 PM, Monday – Thursday, 4 10-hour shifts, with overtime as needed
- Occasional before work/after work meetings and events
- Less than 10% overnight travel
- Able to work outside a majority of the time in most weather conditions
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally over 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Please prepare a cover letter explaining why you are an excellent fit for this position
- Please outline all work experience, detailing any relevant work experience
- Please outline all training and certifications achieved
- Please describe scenarios in which your logic and analytical abilities have allowed you to troubleshoot and solve problems effectively
Please note that this job description is not a comprehensive list of all activities, duties or responsibilities the employee may be required to engage in for this job. These duties, activities, and responsibilities may change at any time with or without notice.
Joink, LLC is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate against or harass any applicant or employee on any grounds prohibited under any federal, state or local law, including race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, citizenship or membership in any other legally protected class.