Do you enjoy a working environment in which you work both indoors and outdoors? Do you prefer a professional workplace where the focus is on details and getting things “right”? Is accuracy important to you? Do you enjoy a technical environment where you sometimes work alone and sometimes with a team? Are you interested in building a next generation broadband infrastructure for our community? Do you want to be instrumental in the success of growing a regional technology services firm?
If so, then you should consider applying for this position with Joink!
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Joink, LLC was founded as an Internet Service Provider, providing dial-up, DSL and fixed wireless broadband Internet services. Today, the company provides connectivity for customers who span the landscape from residential to enterprise using technologies that include leased lines, unlicensed wireless, licensed wireless, and fiber optics. Also, the company provides managed hosting services including virtual machine, web/email, and offsite backup storage. And finally, the Company’s technology services group leverages its enterprise knowledge of networking, software, storage, and telephony technologies to provide design, installation, and continued supported around key technologies from companies such as VMware, Cisco UCS, IBM, Veeam and Microsoft.
ABOUT THE POSITION
This position will perform outside field engineering and staking in collaboration with our Outside Plant (OSP) Design team. This position will work 40 hours per week. The duties are listed below, but not limited to:
- OSP Design Lead
- Provide OSP Design and construction teams with staking relevant to fiber installation path
- Identify/Add fiber paths inside of 3-GIS (Database)
- Locate/Record current fiber path with a locator and GPS collection tools
- Troubleshoot for issues with proposed fiber design paths and communicate to Supervisor
- Driving duties include driving to/from the site requiring the work to be performed
- Complete work as outlined by Supervisor
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Analytical ability
- Willingness to take initiative
- Excellent sense of spatial awareness
- Practical learning skills
- Must work well independently and in a team environment
- Ability to work outside to take measurements/aid in work
- Ability to walk 5+ miles daily, in various weather conditions and temperatures
- Clean driving record
- Experience with ArcGIS preferred or willingness to learn
- Experience in AutoCAD preferred or willingness to learn
- Familiarity with Internet Explorer, Safari, Mozilla, or Chrome
- Experience with general office equipment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and other laptop/phone applications (Outlook, Word, Adobe, Google Earth)
- Experience using utility locators preferred
- Regular business hours of 8 AM – 5 PM Monday through Friday.
- Almost exclusively outside, year-round, in all weather conditions
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally over 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Please prepare a cover letter explaining why you are an excellent fit for this position
- Please outline all work experience, detailing any relevant work experience
- Please outline all training and certifications achieved
Please note that this job description is not a comprehensive list of all activities, duties or responsibilities the employee may be required to engage in for this job. These duties, activities, and responsibilities may change at any time with or without notice.
Joink, LLC is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate against or harass any applicant or employee on any grounds prohibited under any federal, state or local law, including race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, citizenship or membership in any other legally protected class.