Do you enjoy a working environment in which you work both indoors and outdoors? Do you prefer a professional workplace where the focus is on details and getting things “right”? Do you enjoy a fast-paced environment where accuracy in your work is important? Do you enjoy a technical environment where you sometimes work alone and sometimes with a team? Are you interested in building a next generation broadband infrastructure for our community? Do you want to be instrumental in the success of growing a regional technology services firm?
If so, then you should consider applying for this position with Joink!
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Joink, LLC was founded as an Internet Service Provider, providing dial-up, DSL and fixed wireless broadband Internet services. Today, the company provides connectivity for customers who span the landscape from residential to enterprise using technologies that include leased lines, unlicensed wireless, licensed wireless, and fiber optics. Also, the company provides managed hosting services including virtual machine, web/email, and offsite backup storage. And finally, the Company’s technology services group leverages its enterprise knowledge of networking, software, storage, and telephony technologies to provide design, installation, and continued supported around key technologies from companies such as VMware, Cisco UCS, IBM, Veeam and Microsoft.
ABOUT THE POSITION
This position will support our Outside Plant (OSP) Design team to coordinate on construction projects that are in the vicinity of Joink’s fiber plant, to ensure there are no conflicts; and draft engineered drawings, as-built drawings, and documentation related to various consulting projects. This position will work 40 hours per week.
- OSP Design Lead
- Use of 3-GIS to identify fiber paths
- Locate/record current fiber path with a locator and GPS collection tools
- Read and understand construction maps (Example: INDOT road construction or repair plans)
- Must be organized and able to accurately record and track all open coordination’s inside of tracking software (Salesforce)
- Ability to meet and work with outside engineering firms
- Request design drawings from various utilities as required for use in project designs
- Perform project route analysis and high-level design
- Coordinate field investigating requests
- Respond to questions from CAD Technicians and GIS Technicians
- Coordinate and work alongside construction vendors in build progress and deliverables.
- Assist design team in researching and determining required permits for various department projects.
- Submit, pick up, and obtain electronic signatures for drawings from the jurisdictional authority.
- Documentation and file share with vendors and contractors.
- Work with minimal supervision and review design drawings, permit drawings, and GIS geodatabase deliverables (QA/QC).
- Complete work as outlined by supervisor
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Working knowledge of external fiber network design, infrastructure, and engineering or related processes
- Demonstrated geometry and advanced math competencies
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong organization skills and attention to detail
- Analytical ability
- Willingness to take initiative
- Excellent sense of spatial awareness
- Practical learning skills
- Ability to focus for periods of time and record time related to completed work
- Clean driving record
- Bachelors or Associates degree in drafting, construction or similar field; or relevant experience
- Experience using utility locators preferred
- GIS experience preferably with ArcGIS or willingness to learn
- Experience in AutoCAD preferred or willingness to learn
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and other laptop/phone applications (Outlook, Word, Adobe, Google Earth)
- Familiarity with Internet Explorer, Safari, Mozilla, or Chrome
- Experience with general office equipment
- Regular business hours of 8 AM – 5 PM Monday through Friday.
- After hours as necessary to support cutovers, special projects, or outages.
- Ability to work outside in an effort to take measurements/aid in work
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally over 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Please prepare a cover letter explaining why you are an excellent fit for this position
- Please outline all work experience, detailing any relevant work experience
- Please outline all training and certifications achieved
Please note that this job description is not a comprehensive list of all activities, duties or responsibilities the employee may be required to engage in for this job. These duties, activities, and responsibilities may change at any time with or without notice.
Joink, LLC is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate against or harass any applicant or employee on any grounds prohibited under any federal, state or local law, including race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, citizenship or membership in any other legally protected class.