Do you enjoy a working environment in which you work both indoors and outdoors? Do you prefer a professional workplace where the focus is on details and getting things “right”? Is accuracy important to you? Do you enjoy a technical environment where you sometimes work alone and sometimes with a team? Are you interested in building a next generation broadband infrastructure for our community? Do you want to be instrumental in the success of growing a regional technology services firm?
If so, then you should consider applying for this position with Joink!
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Joink, LLC was founded as an Internet Service Provider, providing dial-up, DSL and fixed wireless broadband Internet services. Today, the company provides connectivity for customers who span the landscape from residential to enterprise using technologies that include leased lines, unlicensed wireless, licensed wireless, and fiber optics. Also, the company provides managed hosting services including virtual machine, web/email, and offsite backup storage. And finally, the Company’s technology services group leverages its enterprise knowledge of networking, software, storage, and telephony technologies to provide design, installation, and continued supported around key technologies from companies such as VMware, Cisco UCS, IBM, Veeam and Microsoft.
ABOUT THE POSITION
This position will support our Outside Plant and Consulting team in drafting engineered drawings, as-built drawings, and documentation related to various consulting projects. This position will work 40 hours per week.
- OSP Design Lead
This associate has the following key responsibilities:
- Prepare in accordance with established standards all work products including but not limited to:
- Outside Plant Construction Drawings
- Building Entrance Drawings
- Interior Conduit and Cabling Drawings
- Central Office Equipment Placement Drawings
- Central Office Equipment Patching Drawings
- Permit Drawings
- Easement Drawings
- Provide detailed specialized drawings and instructions for unusual utility installation parameters
- Compute geometric and advanced mathematical formulas for development of drawings
- Consult technical manuals for best practices of installation
- Create and store drawings electronically
- Create/revise drawings to reflect “as-built” state
- Create/revise operational manuals
- Complete work as outlined by supervisor
- Occasional outside work
- Staking of installation path
- Review of installation issues
- Site visits for new installations
- Driving duties include travelling to and from worksites
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Demonstrated geometry and advanced math competencies
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Analytical ability
- Willingness to take initiative
- Excellent sense of spatial awareness
- Practical learning skills
- Ability to focus for periods of time and record time related to completed work
- Associates degree in Drafting or relevant experience
- Experience preferably with ArcGIS
- Experience in AutoCAD
- Familiarity with Internet Explorer, Safari, Mozilla, or Chrome
- Prior experience with Microsoft Office
- Experience with general office equipment
- Regular business hours of 8 AM – 5 PM Monday through Friday.
- After hours as necessary to support cutovers, special projects, or outages.
- Ability to work outside in an effort to take measurements/aid in work
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Please prepare a cover letter explaining why you are an excellent fit for this position
- Please outline all work experience, detailing any relevant work experience
- Please outline all training and certifications achieved
Please note that this job description is not a comprehensive list of all activities, duties or responsibilities the employee may be required to engage in for this job. These duties, activities, and responsibilities may change at any time with or without notice.
Joink, LLC is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate against or harass any applicant or employee on any grounds prohibited under any federal, state or local law, including race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, citizenship or membership in any other legally protected class.