Do you prefer a professional workplace where the focus is on details and getting things “right”? Is accuracy important to you? Do you enjoy a technical environment where you sometimes work alone and sometimes with a team? Are you interested in building a next generation broadband infrastructure for our community? Do you want to be instrumental in the success of growing a regional technology services firm?
If so, then you should consider applying for this position with Joink!
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Joink, LLC was founded as an Internet Service Provider, providing dial-up, DSL and fixed wireless broadband Internet services. Today, the company provides connectivity for customers who span the landscape from residential to enterprise using technologies that include leased lines, unlicensed wireless, licensed wireless, and fiber optics. Also, the company provides managed hosting services including virtual machine, web/email, and offsite backup storage. And finally, the Company’s technology services group leverages its enterprise knowledge of networking, software, storage, and telephony technologies to provide design, installation, and continued supported around key technologies from companies such as VMware, Cisco UCS, IBM, Veeam and Microsoft.
ABOUT THE POSITION
This position will support our Outside Plant (OSP) Design and Construction team in property research, easement creation, and with external communication to various outside groups regarding these activities.
- OSP Design Manager
This associate has the following key responsibilities:
- Research right-of-way and parcel boundaries in Indiana and Illinois
- Create easements
- Reach out to homeowners’ associations (HOAs) on the front end of designs to discuss easements needed
- Assist in creation of accounts and introductions into new areas of construction (e.g. permitting requirements, property research tools, contacts for construction projects, dump sites, fill stations)
- Tracking the results of Ground Penetrating Radar (GPR)
- Assistance with As-built tracking and processing
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Analytical ability
- Willingness to take initiative
- Excellent sense of spatial awareness
- Practical learning skills
- Ability to focus for periods of time and record time related to completed work
- Associates degree in Business Administration or similar experience
- Experience preferably with ArcGIS and/or AutoCAD
- Familiarity with Internet Explorer, Safari, Mozilla, or Chrome
- Prior experience with Microsoft Office
- Experience with general office equipment
- Must live near or be willing to commute to Terre Haute, Indiana.
- Regular business hours of 8 AM – 5 PM Monday through Friday.
- After hours as necessary to support cutovers, special projects, or outages.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to spend long hours using a computer/keyboard and/or phone. May involve prolonged periods of sitting, standing, or walking.
- Please prepare a cover letter explaining why you are an excellent fit for this position
- Please outline all work experience, detailing any relevant work experience
- Please outline all training and certifications achieved
Please note that this job description is not a comprehensive list of all activities, duties or responsibilities the employee may be required to engage in for this job. These duties, activities, and responsibilities may change at any time with or without notice.
Joink, LLC is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate against or harass any applicant or employee on any grounds prohibited under any federal, state or local law, including race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, citizenship or membership in any other legally protected class.