Do you enjoy working outside in a cooperative, team-oriented environment? Are you interested in training to develop the technical expertise to build a next generation broadband infrastructure for our community? Is it important to you to get work done the right way every time? Do you enjoy cutting concrete, asphalt, and working with hydraulic saws, jack hammers, and pry bars? Do you want to be instrumental in the success of growing a regional technology services firm? If so, then you should consider applying for this position with Joink!
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Joink, LLC was founded as an Internet Service Provider, providing dial-up, DSL and fixed wireless broadband Internet services. Today, the company provides connectivity for customers who span the landscape from residential to enterprise as well as other carriers using technologies that include leased lines, unlicensed wireless, licensed wireless, and fiber optics. Nearly all fiber-optic customers are served on Joink’s own fiber, which now spans over 1,000 route miles in west central Indiana and central Illinois. The company provides managed hosting services including virtual machine, web/email, and offsite backup storage as well as technology services and managed services, adding value to resold and integrated technologies from companies such as Cisco, Lenovo, Microsoft, Veeam, and VMware.
ABOUT THE POSITION
This assistant will work in the connectivity business unit helping to build an infrastructure capable of servicing our customers through fiber optics to the premise.
This assistant will serve in a supporting role to locate other utilities at the location in which Joink plans to cross them. Only individuals who can function as an ambassador of our company, take tremendous pride in their work, care for our equipment, and produce to our specifications should apply for this position.
- OSP Crew Supervisor
- No direct reports
- May lead, train, or participate in work team assignments
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Always performs in accordance with Joink and industry safety and quality standards
- Maintains company property (i.e. tools)
- Coordinates work with Crew Lead
- Follows construction paths, identify utility crossings (both marked and unmarked)
- Executes assigned tasks in a timely and efficient manner to ensure productivity of Crew
- Routinely cuts concrete, asphalt, brick, and other hard surfaces and removing them
- Accurately measures depth and clearly marks such depths onsite using white flags in green belt or paint on hard surface as well as marking such depths on paper plans
- Restoration work
- Maintains clean work area
- Safely operates all equipment
- Driving duties include conveying materials, equipment, and staff to and from work sites safely – Class A CDL preferred
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Always operates in a manner that promotes personal, team, and property safety
- Always communicate and exhibit professional conduct
- Provides excellent verbal communication
- Is motivated to meet or exceed daily production goals while operating safely, efficiently, and without compromising quality
- Understanding when to use hand tools or power tools (for example, when to use a shovel or post hole digger and when to use a mini excavator.)
- Ability to adjust quickly to changing priorities and make quick decisions with limited information
- Keeping a calm and cool head in sometimes stressful situations
Key qualifications required to fill this position are:
- Relevant outside construction experience
- Skilled at operating locating equipment, concrete saws, vacuum systems, hand tools, and mini excavators.
- Candidate must be willing to reside near or commute to Terre Haute, Indiana.
- Ability to work after hours or on weekends as required for callouts, emergency locates, or emergency repairs
- Clean driving record
- Able to work some overtime as needed and/or without advanced notice
- Able to be on call after normal hours on a rotational basis
- Monday – Thursday, 4-day per week, 10-hour per day schedule.
- Must be able to work overtime with and without notice.
- Almost exclusively outside, year-round, in all weather conditions.
- Ideal conditions will be 20 degrees Fahrenheit and above. Work will likely be reduced to emergency repairs when temperatures fall below that threshold.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The employee must be able to pass a DOT physical (paid for by Joink).
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally over 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Please prepare a cover letter explaining why you are an excellent fit for this position
- Please outline all work experience, detailing any relevant work experience
- Please outline all training and certifications achieved
Please note that this job description is not a comprehensive list of all activities, duties or responsibilities the employee may be required to engage in for this job. These duties, activities, and responsibilities may change at any time with or without notice.
Joink, LLC is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate against or harass any applicant or employee on any grounds prohibited under any federal, state or local law, including race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, citizenship or membership in any other legally protected class.