Date Revised: January 26, 2017
Job Title: OSP Crew Assistant – I
Classification: Non-Exempt, Hourly
Do you enjoy working outside? Are you interested in building a next generation broadband infrastructure for our community? Do you enjoy cutting concrete, asphalt, and working with hydraulic saws, jack hammers, and pry bars? Are you able to take direction? Are you able to take great care of the owner’s equipment? Are you interested in exposing utilities while minimizing required restoration? Do you want to be instrumental in the success of growing a regional technology services firm? If so, then you should consider applying for this position with Joink!
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Joink, LLC was founded as an Internet Service Provider, providing dial-up, DSL and fixed wireless broadband Internet services. Today, the company provides connectivity for customers who span the landscape from residential to enterprise using technologies that include leased lines, unlicensed wireless, licensed wireless, and fiber optics. Also, the company provides managed hosting services including virtual machine, web/email, and offsite backup storage. And finally, the Company’s technology services group leverages its enterprise knowledge of networking, software, storage, and telephony technologies to provide design, installation, and continued supported around key technologies from companies such as VMware, Cisco UCS, IBM, Veeam and Microsoft.
ABOUT THE POSITION
This assistant will work in the connectivity business unit helping to build an infrastructure capable of servicing our customers through fiber optics to the premise.
This assistant will serve in a supporting role to locate other utilities at the location in which Joink plans to cross them. Only individuals who can function as an ambassador of our company, take tremendous pride in their work, care for our equipment, and produce to our specifications should apply for this position.
- OSP Crew Lead
- No direct reports
- May lead, train, or participate in work team assignments
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Always performs in accordance with Joink and industry safety standards
- Maintains company property (i.e. tools) and safely operates equipment
- Follows construction paths, identify utility crossings (both marked and unmarked)
- Routinely cuts concrete, asphalt, brick, and other hard surfaces and removing them
- Potholing of existing utilities
- Accurately measures depth and clearly marks such depths onsite using white flags in green belt or paint on hard surface as well as marking such depths on paper plans
- Maintains a clean work area
- Restoration work
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Always operates in a manner that promotes personal, team, and property safety
- Always communicate and exhibit professional conduct
- Provides excellent verbal communication
- Is motivated to meet or exceed daily production goals while operating safely, efficiently, and without compromising quality
- Understanding when to use hand tools or power tools (for example, when to use a shovel or post hole digger and when to use a mini-excavator).
- Ability to adjust quickly to changing priorities and make quick decisions with limited information
- Keeping a calm and cool head in sometimes stressful situations
Key qualifications required to fill this position are:
- Relevant outside construction experience
- Skilled at operating locating equipment, concrete saws, vacuum systems, hand tools, and mini excavators.
- Candidate must be willing to reside in or near Terre Haute, Indiana. Please do not apply if you are unable to relocate at the onset of employment. For more information about our community, please see:
- Ability to work after hours or on weekends occasionally as required for callouts, emergency locates, or emergency repairs
- CLP (CDL Permit) required prior to start date (may be obtained after job offer is made)
- Clean driving record
- Able to work some overtime as needed and/or without advance notice
- Able to be on call after normal hours on a rotational basis
- Driving duties include conveying materials, equipment, and staff to and from work sites safely
- Monday – Thursday, 4-day per week, 10-hour per day schedule.
- Must be able to work overtime with and without notice.
- Almost exclusively outside, year-round, in all weather conditions.
- Ideal conditions will be 20 degrees Fahrenheit and above. Work will likely be reduced to emergency repairs when temperatures fall below that threshold.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally over 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Please prepare a cover letter explaining why you are an excellent fit for this position
- Please outline all work experience, detailing any relevant work experience
- Please outline all training and certifications achieved
Please note that this job description is not a comprehensive list of all activities, duties or responsibilities the employee may be required to engage in for this job. These duties, activities, and responsibilities may change at any time with or without notice.
Joink, LLC is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate against or harass any applicant or employee on any grounds prohibited under any federal, state or local law, including race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, citizenship or membership in any other legally protected class.