Looking for a professional environment where the focus is on details and getting things right? Are you motivated by the results of proper configuration, but continuously seek ways to maximize efficiencies in the process? Do you enjoy being an expert in your field, but like challenges that keep your skills sharp? If so, then you should consider applying for this position with Joink!
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Joink, LLC was founded as an Internet Service Provider, providing dial-up, DSL and fixed wireless broadband Internet services. Today, the company provides connectivity for customers who span the landscape from residential to enterprise as well as other carriers using technologies that include leased lines, unlicensed wireless, licensed wireless, and fiber optics. Nearly all fiber-optic customers are served on Joink’s own fiber, which now spans over 1,000 route miles in west central Indiana and central Illinois. The company provides managed hosting services including virtual machine, web/email, and offsite backup storage as well as technology services and managed services, adding value to resold and integrated technologies from companies such as Cisco, Lenovo, Microsoft, Veeam, and VMware.
ABOUT THE POSITION
An MSP Senior Security Technician is responsible for the administration and implementation of the security program across our customer base. This administration includes on-premise, hybrid, and related AD, ADFS infrastructure. Secondary responsibilities include working with vendors, internal clients, and other IT teams to introduce new and innovative features to the environment.
- Managed Services Manager
- No direct reports
- May lead, train, or participate in work team assignments
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Overall administration, management, and configuration of VMWare, Windows Server, and Active Directory
- Monitor for performance and stability issues
- Analyze for inefficiencies in environment and perform remediation
- Document, plan, and perform upgrades of existing products and migrations to new ones
- Assist with server upgrade and deployment related projects, including technologies in accordance with project and change management processes.
- Identify opportunities and recommend products and solutions to improve the security, reliability, and efficiency of client infrastructure
- Use experience, critical thinking, and advanced troubleshooting skills to support and maintain the current and future environment
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously in a team environment
- Must be able to maintain a calm and professional demeanor
- Must be willing to learn new technologies and perform additional duties as needed
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to conduct research into issues, standards, and products as required
Key qualifications include:
- Willingness to work from our Terre Haute, Indiana office preferred, but remote will be considered
- 5+ years of installing and administering Window environments
- Deployment and management of environments in an enterprise setting with automation tools
- Experience working as an independent consultant or with a consulting company balancing multiple clients’ needs and priorities
- Experience preferred with identifying improvements for existing IT systems and infrastructure, including hardware, software, network, and security enhancements
- Understanding of networking technologies including routers, firewalls, switches, etc.
- 8 AM – 5 PM, Monday – Friday, Office and/or remote work, with some scheduled after-hours events
- Available to respond to urgent outages remotely upon request
Please note that this job description is not a comprehensive list of all activities, duties or responsibilities the employee may be required to engage in for this job. These duties, activities, and responsibilities may change at any time with or without notice.
Joink, LLC is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate against or harass any applicant or employee on any grounds prohibited under any federal, state or local law, including race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, citizenship or membership in any other legally protected class.