Looking for a professional environment where the focus is on details and getting things right? Are you motivated by the results of proper configuration, but continuously seek ways to maximize efficiencies in the process? Do you enjoy being an expert in your field, but like challenges that keep your skills sharp? If so, then you should consider applying for this position with Joink!
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Joink, LLC was founded as an Internet Service Provider, providing dial-up, DSL and fixed wireless broadband Internet services. Today, the company provides connectivity for customers who span the landscape from residential to enterprise using technologies that include leased lines, unlicensed wireless, licensed wireless, and fiber optics. Also, the company provides managed hosting services including virtual machine, web/email, and offsite backup storage. And finally, the Company’s technology services group leverages its enterprise knowledge of networking, software, storage, and telephony technologies to provide design, installation, and continued supported around key technologies from companies such as VMware, Cisco UCS, IBM, Veeam and Microsoft.
ABOUT THE POSITION
An MSP Automation Engineer will be applying their knowledge of automation to drive accelerated and reliable services to our customers. Examples include interfacing with third party APIs to automatically provision new user accounts, automating provisioning and management of systems in 365 and Azure, direct manipulation of our PSA (ticketing system), and automation of internal business processes. This will be a critical position for the organization with a focus on our future and ensuring we can scale efficiently.
- Managed Services Manager
- No direct reports
- May lead, train, or participate in work team assignments
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Overall administration, management, and configuration toolset integration
- Monitor for performance and stability issues
- Analyze automated process for inefficiencies in environment and perform remediation
- Document, plan, and perform upgrades of existing products and migrations to new ones
- Assist with related projects, including but not limited to the deployment of future technologies in accordance with project and change management processes.
- Identify opportunities and recommend products and solutions to improve the security, reliability, and efficiency integrations
- Use experience, critical thinking, and advanced troubleshooting skills to support and maintain the current and future environment
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously in a team environment
- Must be able to maintain a calm and professional demeanor
- Must be willing to learn new technologies and perform additional duties as needed
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to conduct research into issues, standards, and products as required
Key qualifications include:
- Candidate must be willing to reside near or commute to Terre Haute, Indiana.
- 5+ years of installing and administering Window environments preferred
- 5+ years in scripting and automation in any language preferred
- 1+ years in cloud services experience in Azure preferred
- 1+ years in Microsoft/Office 365 preferred
- Experience with ConnectWise products preferred
- Experience working in an MSP environment
- Deployment and management of environments in an enterprise setting with automation tools
- Experience working as an independent consultant or with a consulting company balancing multiple clients’ needs and priorities
- Identify improvements for existing IT systems and infrastructure, including hardware, software, network, and security enhancements
- Understanding of networking technologies including routers, firewalls, switches, etc.
- 8 AM – 5 PM, Monday – Friday, Office and/or remote work, with some scheduled after-hours events
- Available to respond to urgent outages remotely upon request
Please note that this job description is not a comprehensive list of all activities, duties or responsibilities the employee may be required to engage in for this job. These duties, activities, and responsibilities may change at any time with or without notice.
Joink, LLC is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate against or harass any applicant or employee on any grounds prohibited under any federal, state or local law, including race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, citizenship or membership in any other legally protected class.