Do you emphasize the details? Are you willing to go the extra distance for quality and longevity? Are you a self-starter? Do you enjoy interior construction, structured cabling, routing and switching, telephone systems, and supervising a team of people who fulfill a given project scope from beginning to end at your direction? Do you want to be instrumental in the success of growing a regional technology services firm? If so, then you should consider applying for this position with Joink!
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Joink, LLC was founded as an Internet Service Provider, providing dial-up, DSL and fixed wireless broadband Internet services. Today, the company provides connectivity for customers who span the landscape from residential to enterprise using technologies that include unlicensed wireless, licensed wireless, and fiber optics. Also, the company provides managed hosting services including virtual machine, web/email, and offsite backup storage. The Company’s technology services group leverages its enterprise knowledge of networking, software, storage, and telephony technologies to provide design, installation, and ongoing supported of key technologies from companies such as VMware, Cisco, Veeam and Microsoft. Joink also offers managed services – a platform that provides consistent, stable, and reliable IT experiences for end users of PCs, tablets, mobile devices, network infrastructure, and printers delivered through a proactive approach that includes base layers of security.
ABOUT THE POSITION
This representative will supervise Inside Plant (ISP) Field Technician teams. This representative will schedule work, review and tweak installation plans in coordination with designers and management and those directly and indirectly supervised, audit as-built photos for every job and occasionally audit work in the field for jobs, ensure completion to company standards and verify customer satisfaction, direct resolving any customer concerns and assist in authoring best practices guides, job aides, and manuals.
This team member will be given considerable autonomy in representing Joink and completing work, should be self-motivated, able to prioritize and report on work status, and be committed to complete transparency in performing key responsibilities. In addition, this team member should be capable of finding solutions to problems and be comfortable bringing management a problem along with one or more proposed solutions.
- Vice President of Operations
- ISP Field Leads
- ISP Field Technicians
- May lead, train, or participate in work team assignments
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Review drawings, scheduling appropriate team members.
- Review jobs and as-built photos for installation according to plan and Joink standards, with all exceptions noted with designer and customer approval.
- Verify as-built photos, time entry, and all records for completed work are stored in Joink’s records according to Joink standards.
- Regularly visit jobsites to confirm Joink and industry best practices are being followed.
- Interact throughout the day as appropriate to ensure work is on track and on schedule
- Confirm customer acceptance and satisfaction and participate in resolving customer concerns.
- Assist in authoring best practice guides and manuals.
- Assist in developing training plans for staff supervised.
- Assist in completing work during peak times, including:
- Participate in documenting Joink’s installation procedures and guidelines
- Install and maintain conduit, raceway, strut, and all other systems to protect and manage structured cabling
- Install, test/certify, label, and maintain and document structured copper and fiber optic cabling
- Travel on site to customer location to inspect work, troubleshoot, assist, and resolve problems
- Driving duties include traveling from worksite to worksite with any necessary equipment.
- Work with management to implement and monitor adherence to company uniform, vehicle use, vehicle inventory, portable tool, and portable tool maintenance policies
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Communicate effectively with customers, management, and coworkers regarding the job
- Provide excellent written and verbal communication
- Use a computer to develop training materials and job aides
- Use a computer to build schedules
- Use a computer to download photos, organize photos, and mark up photos
- Be able to present to both internal and external project stakeholders on the merits of a particular network design or implementation
- Maintain the ability to communicate at both a business and technical level
- Report to Joink implementation coordinators, account managers, and project managers any pertinent project details on time and as requested
- Avoid harmful gossip about issues not related to work
- Document each interaction or attempted interaction within business management software
- Be familiar with the relevant underlying technologies being implemented, their application to the internal business or external client needs
- Handle confidential information—including restricted use of cell phone conversations in a public setting, secure versus insecure email, paper/electronic recordkeeping in compliance with client and Joink requirements
- Always exhibit professional conduct
- Manage multiple client projects with the ability to track multiple details fluently
- Track time throughout each day and enter that time in Joink’s time tracking tool
- Ability to adjust quickly to changing and competing priorities
- Ability to make quick decisions with limited information
- Willing to learn new technologies and perform additional duties as requested
- Able to keep a calm and cool head
- If not already possessed, this representative will be required to obtain BICSI Registered Telecommunications Project Manager (RTPM) within eighteen (18) months of hire.
- Associate’s degree in an IT subject area (preferred) or equivalent experience
- 2 or more years of professional experience working in a small business/commercial setting
- Ability to perform both mechanical work (pulling cable, installing track and wire, installing mounting brackets, punching down copper cabling, terminating fiber) and technical work (IP addressing, switch and router configurations, telephone system call flow/automated attendant/voicemail configuration)
- Familiar with electronics, digital radio technology, and cellular systems
- Ability to use measuring and diagnostic tools to test, adjust, and repair electronic equipment
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- Candidate must be willing to reside near or commute to Terre Haute, Indiana.
This position requires travel to various locations and routinely uses a variety of equipment and tools relating to electronics, digital radio technology, cellular systems, wireless, and fiber.
Generally, working hours are from 8AM—5PM Monday through Friday. However, applicants must be willing and able to:
- Work after hours or on weekends occasionally for callouts or cutovers
- Work from home providing remote support over VPN if necessary to support an outage
- Work some overtime as needed and/or without advance notice
- Be on call on a rotational basis
- Travel for one to two week periods for training and professional development
- Perform job duties in all weather conditions (excepting those which are dangerous, e.g. thunderstorms)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally over 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Please prepare a cover letter explaining why you are an excellent fit for this position
- Please outline all work experience, detailing any relevant work experience
- Please outline all training and certifications achieved
- Please describe scenarios in which your logic and analytical abilities have allowed you to troubleshoot and solve problems effectively
Please note that this job description is not a comprehensive list of all activities, duties or responsibilities the employee may be required to engage in for this job. These duties, activities, and responsibilities may change at any time with or without notice.
Joink, LLC is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate against or harass any applicant or employee on any grounds prohibited under any federal, state or local law, including race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, citizenship or membership in any other legally protected class.