ABOUT THE COMPANY
Joink, LLC was founded as an Internet Service Provider, providing dial-up, DSL and fixed wireless broadband Internet services. Today, the company provides connectivity for customers who span the landscape from residential to enterprise as well as other carriers using technologies that include leased lines, unlicensed wireless, licensed wireless, and fiber optics. Nearly all fiber-optic customers are served on Joink’s own fiber, which now spans over 1,000 route miles in west central Indiana and central Illinois. The company provides managed hosting services including virtual machine, web/email, and offsite backup storage as well as technology services and managed services, adding value to resold and integrated technologies from companies such as Cisco, Lenovo, Microsoft, Veeam, and VMware.
This will work with the Supervisor to design, develop, and maintain all training modules and related records for use throughout the organization.
- HR Specialist
- No direct reports
- May lead, train, or participate in work team assignments
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Works with Supervisor to identify training/certification needs for various stakeholders.
- Research, recommend, and deploy software for training materials
- Collaborates with subject matter experts to develop course content
- Develops and designs internal learning materials within chosen software platform
- Edits and develops online learning materials
- Creates computer-based training modules
- Analyzes, updates, and refines existing content
- Trains employees in how to use learning technologies
- Maintains records of all current employee certification and training dates
- Communicates upcoming renewals and works with employees to recertify/retrain
- Delivers training as needed
- Utilizes various methods (surveys, feedback forms) to evaluate training effectiveness
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Must be comfortable engaging and communicating with employees at every level
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Be able to make excellent presentations to various groups
- Able to maintain a professional demeanor at all times
- Self-motivated and self-disciplined (able to work with minimal supervision)
- High level of confidentiality in handling information
- Bachelor’s degree in Instructional Design or related field or equivalent experience
- Knowledge/Experience in instructional design, adult learning, or training
- Knowledge/experience with graphic design
- Knowledge of Photoshop/Microsoft Office software
- Video/audio editing skills a plus
- Willingness to take on a variety of tasks
- Candidate must be willing to reside near or commute to Terre Haute, Indiana.
- 8 AM – 5 PM, Monday – Friday, with overtime as needed
- Less than 10% overnight travel
- Some field work to collect content
- Some day travel required
- Please prepare a cover letter explaining why you are an excellent fit for this position
- Please outline all work experience, detailing any relevant work experience
- Please outline all training and certifications achieved
- Please describe scenarios in which your logic and analytical abilities have allowed you to troubleshoot and solve problems effectively
Please note that this job description is not a comprehensive list of all activities, duties or responsibilities the employee may be required to engage in for this job. These duties, activities, and responsibilities may change at any time with or without notice.
Joink, LLC is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate against or harass any applicant or employee on any grounds prohibited under any federal, state or local law, including race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, citizenship or membership in any other legally protected class.