Are you looking for an environment with consistent, highly detailed work? Do you like to generate and follow processes? Do you enjoy a position where you can grow as you develop your skills? If so, then you should consider applying for this position with Joink!
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Joink, LLC was founded as an Internet Service Provider, providing dial-up, DSL and fixed wireless broadband Internet services. Today, the company provides connectivity for customers who span the landscape from residential to enterprise using technologies that include leased lines, unlicensed wireless, licensed wireless, and fiber optics. Also, the company provides managed hosting services including virtual machine, web/email, and offsite backup storage. And finally, the Company’s technology services group leverages its enterprise knowledge of networking, software, storage, and telephony technologies to provide design, installation, and continued supported around key technologies from companies such as VMware, Cisco UCS, IBM, Veeam and Microsoft.
This position will be responsible for obtaining, entering, and maintaining employee records; confirming they are complete and reporting data to authorized parties as needed as well as supporting the HR function.
- HR Specialist
- No direct reports
- May lead, train, or participate in work team assignments
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Obtain, enter, maintain, and update accurate data and records related to:
- General employee information
- Other as needed
- Assist supervisor HR administrative/clerical duties as needed.
- Provide files, forms, and other information to authorized parties as needed (i.e. employment verifications).
- Provides support in various functions of the HR team as needed (i.e. recruitment, interviewing).
- Communicate and coordinate with employees/managers regarding obtaining records and information updates.
- Ensure smooth communication with employees and timely resolution to their queries.
- Ensure a high level of confidentiality at all times.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Must be comfortable engaging and communicating with employees at every level
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Understanding of HR functions
- Able to maintain a professional demeanor at all times
- Self-motivated and self-disciplined (able to work with minimal supervision)
- High level of confidentiality in handling information
- Required: Associate’s degree in Human Resources or approximately 2 years of experience in HR
- Desire to engage in lifelong learning and grow within the position
- Willingness to take on various HR functions
- Candidate must be willing to reside near or commute to Terre Haute, Indiana.
- 8 AM – 5 PM, Monday – Friday, with overtime as needed
- Less than 20% overnight travel
- Please prepare a cover letter explaining why you are an excellent fit for this position
- Please outline all work experience, detailing any relevant work experience
- Please outline all training and certifications achieved
- Please describe scenarios in which your logic and analytical abilities have allowed you to troubleshoot and solve problems effectively
Please note that this job description is not a comprehensive list of all activities, duties or responsibilities the employee may be required to engage in for this job. These duties, activities, and responsibilities may change at any time with or without notice.
Joink, LLC is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate against or harass any applicant or employee on any grounds prohibited under any federal, state or local law, including race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, citizenship or membership in any other legally protected class.