Do you want to be part of a customer focused, high performance, high integrity team of technology professionals? Here at Joink, we deliver trusted technology solutions. We’re in search of dynamic individuals that are passionate about technology and providing the best-in-class customer service we’re known for.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Joink, LLC was founded as an Internet Service Provider, providing dial-up, DSL and fixed wireless broadband Internet services. Today, the company provides connectivity for customers who span the landscape from residential to enterprise using technologies that include leased lines, unlicensed wireless, licensed wireless, and fiber optics. Also, the company provides managed hosting services including virtual machine, web/email, and offsite backup storage. And finally, the Company’s technology services group leverages its enterprise knowledge of networking, software, storage, and telephony technologies to provide design, installation, and continued supported around key technologies from companies such as VMware, Cisco UCS, IBM, Veeam and Microsoft.
The GIS Analyst will work at the intersection of data analysis, programming and cartography. They will analyze spatial data, look for patterns/trends, design and produce maps and reports to visualize data.
- Business Analyst
- No direct reports
- May lead, train, or participate in work team assignments
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Develop and adhere to organizational standards
- Conduct research to develop datastores of data used in analysis
- Analyze spatial data through mapping software
- Design digital maps using geographic data and various other datasets
- Discover patterns and trends through special mapping of data and provide coherent conclusions from analysis
- Produce maps showing the spatial distribution of various kinds of data, including statistics, density, and project viability
- Manage a digital library of geographic maps in various file types
- Produce reports on geographic data using data visualizations
- Create Dashboards and spatial workflows
- Establish processes and procedures for continued analysis and presentations
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Working knowledge of Cartography
- Ability to work on multiple priorities and/or projects simultaneously
- Excellent listening and communications skills, both verbal and written
- Organized, detail oriented and self-motivated
- Ability to provide and maintain detailed documentation
- Willingness to develop professionally
- Analytical skills, including ability to research and solve problems
- Ability to work independently, with limited supervision
- Team player; reliable and dependable to complete assignments accurately and on time
- Ability to understand reports, maps, drawings or other geographic data for analysis
- Understanding of Google maps/Google Earth, Adobe Acrobat
- General computer skills – proficiency with MS Office, Google Earth, and Adobe Pro
- Experience with ArcGIS Online, ArcGIS Pro, or ArcGIS Desktop preferred
- Experience with Python and SQL preferred
- Candidate must be willing to reside near or commute to Terre Haute, Indiana
- 8 AM – 5 PM, Monday – Friday, occasional overtime as deadlines require
- Less than 10% overnight travel
- Will be on-call on a pre-arranged basis to support the platform if necessary.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to spend long hours using a computer/keyboard and/or phone. May involve prolonged periods of sitting, standing, or walking.
- Please prepare a cover letter explaining why you are an excellent fit for this position
- Please outline all work experience, detailing any relevant work experience
- Please outline all training and certifications achieved
- Please describe scenarios in which your logic and analytical abilities have allowed you to troubleshoot and solve problems effectively
Please note that this job description is not a comprehensive list of all activities, duties or responsibilities the employee may be required to engage in for this job. These duties, activities, and responsibilities may change at any time with or without notice.
Joink, LLC is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate against or harass any applicant or employee on any grounds prohibited under any federal, state or local law, including race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, citizenship or membership in any other legally protected class.