ABOUT THE COMPANY
Joink, LLC was founded as an Internet Service Provider, providing dial-up, DSL and fixed wireless broadband Internet services. Today, the company provides connectivity for customers who span the landscape from residential to enterprise using technologies that include leased lines, unlicensed wireless, licensed wireless, and fiber optics. Also, the company provides managed hosting services including virtual machine, web/email, and offsite backup storage. And finally, the Company’s technology services group leverages its enterprise knowledge of networking, software, storage, and telephony technologies to provide design, installation, and continued support around key technologies from companies such as VMware, Cisco UCS, IBM, Veeam and Microsoft.
The GIS Administrator oversees all aspects of implementation, configuration, and daily usage of ESRI GIS platform. The GIS Administrator will be daily management of data and records. Additionally, the GIS Administrator will audit that other users of the system are following established protocols and processes for inputting data and providing training or re-training as necessary. The GIS system will be used for preparation of construction documents by our engineering team, inputting of as built drawings by the GIS Administrator, and generation of reports, release documents, and actual and simulated outage troubleshooting scenarios.
We are looking for an individual who is at home on the cutting edge of technology, can be both designer and ambassador, and will be an expert on the platform. Individual must be able to work across departments, liaison with our vendor (3-GIS and ESRI), provide reports and data to executive management, and be on call on a pre-arranged scheduled basis to support the platform if/as necessary.
- Sr. Business Analyst
- No direct reports
- May lead, train, or participate in work team assignments
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Develop and adhere to organizational standards
- Conduct research to develop and maintain database
- Analyze spatial data
- Move, copy, add files/drawings/maps
- Convert files and upload into database
- Update systems with as-built data from paper based or other electronic records
- Ability to work in the field, visually inspecting elements of the outside plant to update records in the GIS system to as-built conditions, including opening handholes, inspecting equipment, entering remote facilities to evaluate connections, etc.
- Occasional driving duties may include travel to and from inspection/record sites with any necessary equipment.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Ability to work on multiple priorities and/or projects simultaneously
- Excellent listening and communications skills, both verbal and written
- Organized, detail oriented and self-motivated
- Ability to provide and maintain detailed documentation
- Willingness to develop professionally
- Analytical skills, including ability to research and solve problems
- Ability to work independently, with limited supervision
- Team player; reliable and dependable to complete assignments accurately and on time
Key qualifications include:
- Ability to understand survey reports, maps, drawings or other geographic data for fiber design
- Ability to read and interpret underground telecom records
- Understanding of Google maps/Google Earth, ESRI, Adobe Acrobat
- General computer skills – proficiency with MS Office, Google Earth, and Adobe Pro
- Experience with ESRI preferred
- Experience with Python and SQL preferred
- Experience with AutoCad preferred
- Candidate must be willing to reside near or commute to Terre Haute, Indiana
- 8 AM – 5 PM, Monday – Friday, occasional overtime as deadlines require
- Less than 10% overnight travel
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally over 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception, color vision and ability to adjust focus.
- Please prepare a cover letter explaining why you are an excellent fit for this position
- Please outline all work experience, detailing any relevant work experience
- Please outline all training and certifications achieved
- Please describe scenarios in which your logic and analytical abilities have allowed you to troubleshoot and solve problems effectively
Please note that this job description is not a comprehensive list of all activities, duties or responsibilities the employee may be required to engage in for this job. These duties, activities, and responsibilities may change at any time with or without notice.
Joink, LLC is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate against or harass any applicant or employee on any grounds prohibited under any federal, state or local law, including race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, citizenship or membership in any other legally protected class.