ABOUT THE COMPANY
Joink, LLC was founded as an Internet Service Provider, providing dial-up, DSL and fixed wireless broadband Internet services. Today, the company provides connectivity for customers who span the landscape from residential to enterprise using technologies that include leased lines, unlicensed wireless, licensed wireless, and fiber optics. Also, the company provides managed hosting services including virtual machine, web/email, and offsite backup storage. And finally, the Company’s technology services group leverages its enterprise knowledge of networking, software, storage, and telephony technologies to provide design, installation, and continued supported around key technologies from companies such as VMware, Cisco UCS, IBM, Veeam and Microsoft.
This representative will be responsible for the maintenance and repair of equipment. The Fleet Mechanic will also participate in training efforts for the crew regarding equipment operation, use, and pre-trip/pre-use inspections. This individual will be a first responder to equipment breakdown, providing/swapping equipment with the team.
- Warehouse Supervisor
- No direct reports
- May lead, train, or participate in work team assignments
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Engage in inspection, diagnosis, troubleshooting, maintenance, and repair on heavy construction equipment, including but not limited to: directional drills, mini-excavators, vacuum excavators, pumps, small engines and trailers.
- Follow company safety standards and participate in job hazard analysis and morning safety meetings.
- Perform small to medium-size repairs to equipment to improve longevity, usefulness, and to maximize in-service time of equipment.
- Diagnose heavy equipment malfunctions and conduct repairs in a timely fashion to maximize equipment uptime. This could include diagnostic activity related to all functions of the equipment (HVAC, electrical, engine, fuel systems, transmission, hydraulics, etc.)
- Perform upfitting on vehicles, including strobe light installation water/mud mixing systems, service body installations, toolbox/conduit carrier installations
- Initiate purchase of necessary parts for vehicle/equipment maintenance
- Participate in training efforts for the crew regarding equipment operation, use, and pre-trip/pre-use inspections
- Conduct vehicle/machine inspections
- Perform preventative maintenance as required
- Documents all repairs and accounts for time on a daily basis
- May assist with general facility maintenance and repairs
- Driving duties include driving to different site locations (within 50-mile radius of Terre Haute) for vehicle/equipment maintenance and repair
- Driving duties include conveying materials, equipment, and staff to and from work sites and ability to meet necessary FMCSA requirements (includes passing the DOT physical). – Class A CDL preferred
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Ability to adjust quickly to changing priorities and make quick decisions with limited information
- Keeping a calm and cool demeanor in stressful situations
- Self-motivated and action orientated with a strong results and deliverables focus and the ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and follow up on issues with minimal direction.
- Experience managing multiple tasks, documents, etc.
- Maintain professional communication with employees, suppliers and vendors at all times.
- Strong diagnostic skills including the ability to understand and use hydraulic and electrical schematics.
- Ability to use laptop computer and smart phone for diagnostic tools, service manual review and completion of work order and time entry.
- Ability to communicate technical concepts to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Monday-Friday, 5-day per week, 8 hour per day schedule, with overtime as applicable
- Indoor or outside, year-round
- This position is at least 50% in-the-field repairs and subject to weather conditions.
- Ideal conditions will be 25 degrees Fahrenheit and above. Work will likely be reduced to emergency repairs when temperatures fall below that threshold.
- Able to work overtime as needed and/or without notice to ensure emergency repairs are completed.
- 3+ years experience with heavy equipment (especially Ditch Witch, Bobcat, Caterpillar and Vermeer)
- Class A CDL
- Welding/fabrication certification or experience
- Experience with DOT inspections
- Willingness/ability to qualify to obtain a Class A CDL
- Proven Mechanical knowledge (diesel/gas engine, hydraulics, pneumatics)
- Candidate must be willing to reside near or commute to Terre Haute, Indiana.
- Please prepare a cover letter explaining why you are an excellent fit for this position
- Please outline all work experience, detailing any relevant work experience
- Please outline all training and certifications achieved
- Please describe scenarios in which your logic and analytical abilities have allowed you to troubleshoot and solve problems effectively
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee must be able to regularly lift and /or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Please note that this job description is not a comprehensive list of all activities, duties or responsibilities the employee may be required to engage in for this job. These duties, activities, and responsibilities may change at any time with or without notice.
Joink, LLC is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate against or harass any applicant or employee on any grounds prohibited under any federal, state or local law, including race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, citizenship or membership in any other legally protected class.