Are you immersed in information technology? Are you a self-starter? Do you enjoy structured cabling, routing and switching, telephone systems, and working independently in the field to implement such solutions? Do you want to be instrumental in the success of growing a regional technology services firm?
If so, then you should consider applying for this position with Joink!
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Joink, LLC was founded as an Internet Service Provider, providing dial-up, DSL and fixed wireless broadband Internet services. Today, the company provides connectivity for customers who span the landscape from residential to enterprise using technologies that include leased lines, unlicensed wireless, licensed wireless, and fiber optics. Also, the company provides managed hosting services including virtual machine, web/email, and offsite backup storage. And finally, the Company’s technology services group leverages its enterprise knowledge of networking, software, storage, and telephony technologies to provide design, installation, and continued supported around key technologies from companies such as VMware, Cisco UCS, IBM, Veeam and Microsoft.
This representative will work on the Inside Plant (ISP) team to install, test/certify, label, maintain and document structured copper and fiber optic cabling.
This team member will be given considerable autonomy in representing Joink and completing work, should be self-motivated, able to prioritize and report on work status, and be committed to complete transparency in performing key responsibilities. In addition, this team member should be capable of finding solutions to problems and be comfortable bringing management a problem along with one or more proposed solutions.
- Inside Plant Field Technician – Lead
- Customer Premise Installation Supervisor
- No direct reports
- May lead, train, or participate in work team assignments
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Participate in documenting Joink’s installation procedures and guidelines
- Document work completed throughout the day, tracking jobs and notes about each installation
- Install, test/certify, label, and maintain conduit and all other systems to protect and manage structured copper and fiber optic cabling
- Perform installations at residential and small business locations of connectivity equipment, structured cable, access points, or cameras
- Travel on site to customer location to troubleshoot, assist, and resolve problems
- Communicate effectively with customers, management and coworkers regarding the assigned job
- Driving duties include traveling from worksite to worksite with necessary equipment
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Provide excellent written and verbal communication at both a business and technical level
- Excellent use of hand tools to complete installation, which could be used while also working on a ladder or in/out of crawl spaces and attics
- Handle confidential information—including restricted use of cell phone conversations in a public setting, secure versus insecure email, paper/electronic recordkeeping in compliance with client and Joink requirements
- Ability to adjust quickly to changing and competing priorities, making quick decisions with limited information
- Able to keep a calm and cool head, exhibiting professional conduct at all times
This position requires travel to various locations and routinely uses a variety of equipment and tools relating to electronics, digital radio technology, cellular systems, wireless, and fiber.
Generally, working hours are from 7AM—5PM or 8AM to 6 PM, four days per week. However, applicants must be willing and able to:
- Be on call on a rotational basis
- Work some overtime as needed and/or without advance notice
- Perform job duties in all weather conditions (excepting those which are dangerous, e.g. thunderstorms)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands and fingers to feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally over 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to perform both mechanical work (pulling cable, installing track and wire, installing mounting brackets, punching down CAT5e) and technical work (training occurs on the job)
- Willing to obtain and maintain BICSI Installer I and II Certifications for duration of employment
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- Candidate must be willing to reside near or commute to Terre Haute, Indiana.
The following qualifications will give candidates priority in the selection process:
- Associate’s degree in an IT subject area or equivalent experience
- Construction experience, either residential or commercial
- BICSI Installer I or II Certification
- 2 or more years of professional experience working in a small business/commercial setting
- Please outline all work experience, detailing any relevant work experience and any training/certifications achieved
Please note that this job description is not a comprehensive list of all activities, duties or responsibilities the employee may be required to engage in for this job. These duties, activities, and responsibilities may change at any time with or without notice.
Joink, LLC is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate against or harass any applicant or employee on any grounds prohibited under any federal, state or local law, including race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, citizenship or membership in any other legally protected class.