Date Revised: August 2021
Job Title: Field Inspector
Classification: Non Exempt, Hourly
Are you a self-starter? Do you enjoy working outside? Are you conscious of safety and quality of workmanship? Do you want to be instrumental in the success of growing a regional technology services firm?
If so, then you should consider applying for this position with Joink!
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Joink, LLC was founded as an Internet Service Provider, providing dial-up, DSL and fixed wireless broadband Internet services. Today, the company provides connectivity for customers who span the landscape from residential to enterprise using technologies that include leased lines, unlicensed wireless, licensed wireless, and fiber optics. Also, the company provides managed hosting services including virtual machine, web/email, and offsite backup storage. And finally, the Company’s technology services group leverages its enterprise knowledge of networking, software, storage, and telephony technologies to provide design, installation, and continued supported around key technologies from companies such as VMware, Cisco UCS, IBM, Veeam and Microsoft.
This position will report to the Connectivity Manager. In this role, the employee will provide supervisory field leadership for all employees deployed in the field. This position will work with the management team to understand the scope of work to be completed in the field and validation that work was performed in accordance to such standards. The employee will oversee the jobsites, process all paperwork, and validate that projects are completed according to scope. This position will be responsible for using various forms and tools to provide feedback on adherence to the scope and customer feedback.
- Vice President of Operations
- No direct reports
- May lead, train, or participate in work team assignments
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Locate our outside fiber optic plant using a locator
- Ability to differentiate colors used in fiber optic cabling and utility locates
- Reviews and adds to as-built drawings through measuring in the field
- Stake out new builds and provide measurements to engineering for the creation of new outside plant
- Inspect end-user installations for customer satisfaction and installation quality in accordance with our internal best practices (could include fiber optic and wireless in both residential, small business, and enterprise settings)
- Performs Hazard Recognition Awareness to remove all hazards from the workplace
- Investigate customer complaints with work performed in the field and take proper action to resolve them on a timely basis
- Investigate accidents and work to promote a culture of safety among peers
- Inspect equipment periodically to ensure maintenance and safety standards are being met
- Recommend supplies and equipment purchases to management
- Serve as a liaison between management and the field to ensure compliance with scope of work documents
- Audit the proper utilization, maintenance, and condition of all company owned/furnished equipment, power tools, and consumables
- Driving duties: Will drive between inspection sites daily.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Exceptional Customer Service skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Adept in verbal and written communication
- Record of strong work attendance
- Passion for organization, measurement, and application of policies to workmanship
- Ability to multi-task and transition in and out of a variety of projects
- Ability to write simple reports and complete mathematical calculations
- Ability to scope out and estimate jobs, then report against progress to projections
- Ability to use mobile devices including tablets, laptops, digital cameras, and cell phones to take notes
- Ability to communicate with customers
- 4×10’s – Monday – Thursday
- Occasional overtime, even without notice in the event of plant damage
- Able to work outside a majority of the time in most weather conditions
- Willingness to fill in for locators/plant maintenance as needed
- Experience in utilizing CAD or other GIS-based mapping systems a plus
- Experience in Right-of-Way construction a plus
- Experience in utility inspection and engineering support a plus
- Experience in mediation or similar customer facing problem solving
- Candidate must be willing to reside near or commute to Terre Haute, Indiana.
- Please prepare a cover letter explaining why you are an excellent fit for this position
- Please outline all work experience, detailing any relevant work experience
- Please outline all training and certifications achieved
- Please describe scenarios in which your logic and analytical abilities have allowed you to troubleshoot and solve problems effectively
Please note that this job description is not a comprehensive list of all activities, duties or responsibilities the employee may be required to engage in for this job. These duties, activities, and responsibilities may change at any time with or without notice.
Joink, LLC is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate against or harass any applicant or employee on any grounds prohibited under any federal, state or local law, including race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, citizenship or membership in any other legally protected class.