Do you enjoy working outside? Are you interested in building a next generation broadband infrastructure for our community? Do you want to be instrumental in the success of growing a regional technology services firm? If so, then you should consider applying for this position with Joink!
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Joink, LLC was founded as an Internet Service Provider, providing dial-up, DSL and fixed wireless broadband Internet services. Today, the company provides connectivity for customers who span the landscape from residential to enterprise using technologies that include leased lines, unlicensed wireless, licensed wireless, and fiber optics. Also, the company provides managed hosting services including virtual machine, web/email, and offsite backup storage. And finally, the Company’s technology services group leverages its enterprise knowledge of networking, software, storage, and telephony technologies to provide design, installation, and continued supported around key technologies from companies such as VMware, Cisco UCS, IBM, Veeam and Microsoft.
ABOUT THE POSITION
This associate will work in the connectivity business unit helping to build an infrastructure capable of servicing our customers through fiber optics to the premise with an emphasis on residential deployment. Only individuals who can function as an ambassador of our company, take tremendous pride in their work, care for our equipment, and produce to our specifications should apply for this position.
- Fiber Splicing Supervisor
- No direct reports
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Reviews approved splice documentation and searches records / previous splicing at that location to create plan prior to splice event.
- Splice fiber(s) according to approved splice drawings (as splicing is done color-to-color, the ability to distinguish matching fibers is required). Understands and follows fiber management inside splice cases.
- Makes needed changes and documents test results
- Splicing and testing of pre-connectorized multi-port services terminals
- Use OTDR to test fiber paths and saves / documents results
- Enter data on work completed into software/databases as needed.
- Ability to utilize Salesforce for scheduling, download of documents and upload of details
- Understands cable placement process and how it affects splicing
- Maintains all Splicing equipment and ability to troubleshoot repair in the field if needed.
- Responsible for stocking inventory for truck to support splice events and assist in maintaining inventory of unique tools and supplies.
- Driving duties include conveying materials, equipment, and staff to and from work sites and ability to meet necessary FMCSA requirements (includes passing the DOT physical).
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Ability to adjust quickly to changing priorities and make quick decisions with limited information
- Keeps a calm and cool head in sometimes stressful situations
- Able to effectively communicate verbally and in writing
- Ability to learn specific computer programs
- Basic understanding of computers and Microsoft office
Key qualifications required to fill this position are:
- Ability to handle delicate fibers with minimal risk of breaking or over bending.
- Relevant education or work experience related to telecommunications industry, with a focus on fiber optic
- Functioning knowledge of fiber optic cable placement and splicing, OTDR testing and troubleshooting fiber optic (preferred)
- Ability to work after hours or on weekends occasionally as required for emergency repairs
- Able to work some overtime as needed and/or without advance notice
- Candidate must be willing to reside near or commute to Terre Haute, Indiana.
- Monday – Thursday, 4-day per week, 10 hour per day schedule.
- Almost exclusively outside, year-round, in all weather conditions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception, ability to distinguish between colors and ability to adjust focus.
Please note that this job description is not a comprehensive list of all activities, duties, or responsibilities the employee may be required to engage in for this job. These duties, activities, and responsibilities may change at any time with or without notice.
Joink, LLC is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate against or harass any applicant or employee on any grounds prohibited under any federal, state or local law, including race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, citizenship or membership in any other legally protected class.