ABOUT THE COMPANY
Joink, LLC was founded as an Internet Service Provider, providing dial-up, DSL and fixed wireless broadband Internet services. Today, the company provides connectivity for customers who span the landscape from residential to enterprise using technologies that include leased lines, unlicensed wireless, licensed wireless, and fiber optics. Also, the company provides managed hosting services including virtual machine, web/email, and offsite backup storage. And finally, the Company’s technology services group leverages its enterprise knowledge of networking, software, storage, and telephony technologies to provide design, installation, and continued supported around key technologies from companies such as VMware, Cisco UCS, IBM, Veeam and Microsoft.
ABOUT THE POSITION
This position will be responsible for the overall design of Multi Unit Dwellings (MDU). This position will work 40 hours per week.
- Senior Network Design Technician
This associate has the following key responsibilities:
- Prepare Multi Dwelling Unit designs in accordance with established standards all work products including but not limited to:
- ISP installation Drawings
- Cable Placement Drawings
- Splicing Drawings
- Patch Drawings
- Review detailed network designs for quality assurance
- Provide detailed specialized drawings and instructions for unusual utility installation parameters
- Compute geometric and advanced mathematical formulas for development of drawings
- Consult technical manuals for best practices of installation
- Create and store drawings electronically on Salesforce IDRW’s as needed
- Includes outside work
- Site visits with property owners to inspect exterior/interior of Multi Unit Dwellings to develop detailed installation drawings
- Review of fiber path
- Review of installation issues
- Driving duties include travelling to and from worksites
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Understanding of construction practices
- Attention to details
- Demonstrated geometry and advanced math competencies
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Analytical ability
- Willingness to take initiative
- Excellent sense of spatial awareness
- Practical learning skills
- Ability to focus for periods of time and record time related to completed work
- Ability to be responsible for meeting project deadlines while ensuring customer satisfaction
- Associates degree in Building Construction or equivalent work experience
- Experience in fiber placement, splicing methods, and best practices
- Experience in AutoCAD, 3-GIS, ArcGIS, ArcMap, Google Earth, or other fiber software packages
- Familiarity with Internet Explorer, Safari, Mozilla, or Chrome and Microsoft Office
- Experience with general office equipment
- Regular business hours of 8 AM – 5 PM Monday through Friday.
- After hours as necessary to support cutovers, special projects, or outages.
- Ability to work outside to take measurements/research fiber plant/aid in work
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to spend long hours using a computer/keyboard and/or phone. May involve prolonged periods of sitting, standing, or walking.
- Please prepare a cover letter explaining why you are an excellent fit for this position
- Please outline all work experience, detailing any relevant work experience
- Please outline all training and certifications achieved
Please note that this job description is not a comprehensive list of all activities, duties, or responsibilities the employee may be required to engage in for this job. These duties, activities, and responsibilities may change at any time with or without notice.
Joink, LLC is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate against or harass any applicant or employee on any grounds prohibited under any federal, state or local law, including race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, citizenship or membership in any other legally protected class.