ABOUT THE COMPANY
Joink, LLC was founded as an Internet Service Provider, providing dial-up, DSL and fixed wireless broadband Internet services. Today, the company provides connectivity for customers who span the landscape from residential to enterprise using technologies that include leased lines, unlicensed wireless, licensed wireless, and fiber optics. Also, the company provides managed hosting services including virtual machine, web/email, and offsite backup storage. And finally, the Company’s technology services group leverages its enterprise knowledge of networking, software, storage, and telephony technologies to provide design, installation, and continued supported around key technologies from companies such as VMware, Cisco UCS, IBM, Veeam and Microsoft.
ABOUT THE POSITION
This entry level position will support our Fiber Design team with required drawings and direction needed to complete the projects that support orders and cases. This position will work 40 hours per week.
- Fiber Design Supervisor
This associate has the following key responsibilities:
- Prepare in accordance with established standards all work products including but not limited to:
- Cable Placement Drawings
- Splicing Drawings
- Create and store drawings electronically on Salesforce IDRW’s as needed
- Occasional outside work
- Review of fiber path
- Review of installation issues
- Driving duties include travelling to and from worksites
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Demonstrated geometry and advanced math competencies
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Analytical ability
- Willingness to take initiative
- Excellent sense of spatial awareness
- Practical learning skills
- Ability to focus for periods of time and record time related to completed work
- Experience in AutoCAD, Adobe Acrobat
- Familiarity with Internet Explorer, Safari, Mozilla, or Chrome and Microsoft Office
- Experience with general office equipment
- Associate degree in Design Technologies or Telecommunications
- Experience with 3-GIS, ArcGIS, ArcMap, Google Earth
- Experience in fiber placement, splicing methods, and best practices
- Regular business hours of 8 AM – 5 PM, Monday through Friday.
- After hours as necessary to support cutovers, special projects, or outages.
- Ability to work outside to take measurements/research fiber plant/aid in work
- Please prepare a cover letter explaining why you are an excellent fit for this position
- Please outline all work experience, detailing any relevant work experience
- Please outline all training and certifications achieved
Please note that this job description is not a comprehensive list of all activities, duties, or responsibilities the employee may be required to engage in for this job. These duties, activities, and responsibilities may change at any time with or without notice.
Joink, LLC is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate against or harass any applicant or employee on any grounds prohibited under any federal, state or local law, including race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, citizenship or membership in any other legally protected class.