Do you enjoy working outside? Are you interested in building a next generation broadband infrastructure for our community? Do you want to be instrumental in the success of growing a regional technology services firm? If so, then you should consider applying for this position with Joink!
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Joink, LLC was founded as an Internet Service Provider, providing dial-up, DSL and fixed wireless broadband Internet services. Today, the company provides connectivity for customers who span the landscape from residential to enterprise using technologies that include leased lines, unlicensed wireless, licensed wireless, and fiber optics. Also, the company provides managed hosting services including virtual machine, web/email, and offsite backup storage. And finally, the Company’s technology services group leverages its enterprise knowledge of networking, software, storage, and telephony technologies to provide design, installation, and continued supported around key technologies from companies such as VMware, Cisco UCS, IBM, Veeam and Microsoft.
ABOUT THE POSITION
This associate will work in the connectivity business unit helping to build an infrastructure capable of servicing our customers through fiber optics to the premise. Only individuals who can function as an ambassador of our company, take tremendous pride in their work, care for our equipment, and produce to our specifications should apply for this position.
- Fiber Installation Supervisor
- No direct reports
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Reviews approved splice documentation and searches records / previous splicing at that location to create plan prior to splice event
- Splice fiber(s) according to approved splice drawings (as splicing is done color-to-color, the ability to distinguish matching fibers is required)
- Makes needed changes and documents test results
- Splice fiber optic connectors on the customer side when ISP work already complete (daytime only)
- Use OTDR to test fiber paths and saves / documents results
- Understands 3-GIS software ability to complete connectivity in system that is completed in the field.
- Ability to utilize Salesforce for scheduling, download of documents and upload of details
- Understands the Cable Placement processes and ability to lead and assist in cable moves needed for splice.
- Maintains all Splicing equipment and ability to maintain Cable Installation equipment
- Responsible for stocking inventory for truck/splice trailer and assisting in maintaining inventory of unique tools and supplies
- Driving duties include driving to and from worksites, hauling necessary equipment, and ability to meet necessary licensing requirements
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Ability to adjust quickly to changing priorities and make quick decisions with limited information
- Keeps a calm and cool head in sometimes stressful situations
- Able to effectively communicate verbally and in writing
- Ability to learn specific computer programs
- Prefer to have a basic understanding of computer and Microsoft office
- Prefer to have a basic functioning knowledge of fiber optic cable placement and copper cable placement
- Prefer to have a basic functioning knowledge of testing and troubleshooting fiber optic
Key qualifications required to fill this position are:
- Relevant work experience and / or education related to telecommunications industry, with a focus on fiber optic
- Ability to work after hours or on weekends occasionally as required for emergency repairs
- Able to work some overtime as needed and/or without advance notice
- Relevant knowledge of working with compressed air and blower machines preferred
- Candidate must be willing to reside near or commute to Terre Haute, Indiana.
- Monday – Thursday, 4-days per week, 10 hours per day schedule
- Almost exclusively outside, year-round, in all weather conditions
- Ideal conditions for cable placement will be 25 degrees Fahrenheit and above. Work will typically be moved to splicing duties or remote work but could be reduced to emergency repairs when temperatures fall below that threshold.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to up to 100 pounds and occasionally over 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception, ability to distinguish between colors and ability to adjust focus.
Please note that this job description is not a comprehensive list of all activities, duties or responsibilities the employee may be required to engage in for this job. These duties, activities, and responsibilities may change at any time with or without notice.
Joink, LLC is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate against or harass any applicant or employee on any grounds prohibited under any federal, state or local law, including race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, citizenship or membership in any other legally protected class.