Are you a self-starter? Do you enjoy working outside? Are you conscious of environmental safety?
Do you want to be instrumental in the success of growing a regional technology services firm?
If so, then you should consider applying for this position with Joink!
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Joink, LLC was founded as an Internet Service Provider, providing dial-up, DSL and fixed wireless broadband Internet services. Today, the company provides connectivity for customers who span the landscape from residential to enterprise using technologies that include leased lines, unlicensed wireless, licensed wireless, and fiber optics. Also, the company provides managed hosting services including virtual machine, web/email, and offsite backup storage. And finally, the Company’s technology services group leverages its enterprise knowledge of networking, software, storage, and telephony technologies to provide design, installation, and continued supported around key technologies from companies such as VMware, Cisco UCS, IBM, Veeam and Microsoft.
The Safety Manager will conduct safety audits, develop and update safety policies and procedures, maintain site inspection schedules, and prepare and schedule safety training for our local and regional locations.
- Vice President of Operations
- May lead, train, or participate in work team assignments
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Conduct safety audits, safety inspections, and Job Safety Analyses to identify safety, health and environmental risks
- Review, develop, implement, and update safety policies, procedures, and programs that are in line with regulatory guidelines for all areas of the company
- Establish and maintain functional and thorough site inspection policies and procedures and a schedule of routine inspections
- Prepare and schedule training to cover emergency procedures, workplace safety, and other relevant topics
- Ensures that material safety data sheets are maintained and readily accessible when needed
- Maintains records of discharge of or employee exposure to hazardous waste and/or pollutants as required
- Perform ongoing analyses of exposure, noise, and air quality, and reporting on that data
- Ensure compliance with all EHS-related regulatory guidelines
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Strong attention to detail
- Adept in verbal and written communication
- Passion for organization, measurement, and application of policies to EHS
- Ability to multi-task and transition in and out of a variety of projects
- Ability to write simple reports and complete mathematical calculations
- Ability to use mobile devices including tablets, laptops, digital cameras, and cell phones to take notes
- Bachelor’s degree in a Health and Safety related field or equivalent experience required
- Experience in construction environments a plus
- Candidate must be willing to reside near or commute to Terre Haute, IN
- Monday – Friday, 5-day per week, 8-hour per day schedule
- Able to work outside frequently, in most weather conditions
- Requires regular travel to our Illinois location, at least 20% travel time to be expected
- Less than 15% overnight travel
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Please prepare a cover letter explaining why you are an excellent fit for this position
- Please outline all work experience, detailing any relevant work experience
- Please outline all training and certifications achieved
- Please describe scenarios in which your logic and analytical abilities have allowed you to troubleshoot and solve problems effectively
Please note that this job description is not a comprehensive list of all activities, duties or responsibilities the employee may be required to engage in for this job. These duties, activities, and responsibilities may change at any time with or without notice.
Joink, LLC is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate against or harass any applicant or employee on any grounds prohibited under any federal, state or local law, including race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, citizenship or membership in any other legally protected class.