Date Revised: October 25, 2018
Job Title: Contact Center Representative
Classification: Non-Exempt, Hourly, Part-Time
Do you enjoy solving problems? Would you find working from a desk providing on-line and on-telephone support to end users with varying skill sets satisfying? Are you motivated to provide an exceptional customer service experience? If so, then you should consider applying for this position with Joink!
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Joink, LLC was founded as an Internet Service Provider, providing dial-up, Fiber and fixed wireless broadband and Fiber Internet services. Today, the company provides connectivity for customers who span the landscape from residential to enterprise using technologies that include leased lines, unlicensed wireless, licensed wireless, and fiber optics. Also, the company provides managed hosting services including virtual machine, web/email, and offsite backup storage. And finally, the Company’s technology services group leverages its enterprise knowledge of networking, software, storage, and telephony technologies to provide design, installation, and continued support around key technologies from companies such as VMware, Cisco UCS, IBM, Veeam and Microsoft.
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
Our contact center is responsible for providing support to:
- Residential dial-up and wireless customers including not only basic connectivity support but also the configuration of email clients, spam/virus management, and ftp client configuration settings for those clients who maintain their own personal websites.
- Business wireless and leased line customers.
- Business hosting customers including website, email, and dedicated server support.
- Managed small business Windows server customers (AD/Exchange/SQL/IIS).
- Managed small business application customers (3rd party desktop and server application support)
- Managed telephony application customers
- Managed custom application customers
ABOUT THE POSITION
The Contact Center professional must identify the problem being experienced by the customer, determine its source, and offer advice to resolve the problem, or escalate the issue to the next level of support. This position will serve a key role in supporting existing clients. This is a full-time position. This position will be paid hourly. This position will report to the Vice President of Operations.
- Vice President of Operations
- No direct reports
- May lead, train, or participate in work team assignments
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Staffs Call Center for all Joink services and support, including:
- ISP – Dial-up, Wireless, and Fiber troubleshooting
- Internal systems and staff support
- Web Hosting support
- Telephony support
- Set-up, instruction and service delivery for projects
- Evaluates and prioritizes client’s request received via work ticket, voicemail, IM, or email
- Responds to emails for support and with billing issues
- Answers incoming calls to assist clients, redirect calls, or escalate issues as appropriate
- Queries customers to collect detailed information to assist in troubleshooting their issue
- Documents each interaction or attempted interaction within proprietary software
- Ensures all end-user response goals are met in accordance with assigned service level agreements
- Follows-up, as necessary, with clients to verify their reported issue was resolved to their satisfaction
- Monitors internal systems and data center to document performance
- Maintains current knowledge of industry trends, technology, systems, and applications
- Reports to the Vice President of Operations and Upper Management including regular status updates, and updates as required on projects and completed tasks. This includes monitoring outages and other problems as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Basic reading, writing, and math skills are required as well as the ability to listen well, troubleshoot problems, and convey technical knowledge in a simple way
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously in a team environment.
- Must be able to maintain a calm and professional demeanor
- Must be willing to learn new technologies and perform additional duties as needed
Key qualifications include:
- High school education or equivalent required
- Associates degree or equivalent combination of education and experience in the field of computer science, computer technology, or business administration, preferred.
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- Proficient skills and knowledge of personal computer and peripheral hardware and software troubleshooting and repair.
- Proficient in the use of the Internet, Microsoft Office & Windows software.
- 1 year or more of customer support experience, preferably in a technical Help Desk or Service Desk environment.
- Candidate must be willing to reside near or commute to Terre Haute, Indiana.
- Must be able to work some overtime as needed and/or without advance notice
- Understanding of Active Directory (Account Management, Organizational Units, Mailbox Management, Exchange features)
- DNS and its role both in Microsoft AD deployments and the public Internet
- Ability to manage and support Imail / Smartermail / Exchange email environments
- Familiarity with supporting mobile email platforms (Blackberry, Android, iPhone)
- The execution of common administrative tasks and environmental monitoring of Windows (XP, 7, 8, 10), Windows Server (2003, 2008, 2012,2016) Microsoft Exchange Server, and Microsoft SQL Server
- 8 AM – 5 PM, Monday – Friday, Office
Please note that this job description is not a comprehensive list of all activities, duties or responsibilities the employee may be required to engage in for this job. These duties, activities, and responsibilities may change at any time with or without notice.
Joink, LLC is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate against or harass any applicant or employee on any grounds prohibited under any federal, state or local law, including race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, citizenship or membership in any other legally protected class.