Are you immersed in information technology? Are you a self-starter? Do you enjoy structured cabling, routing and switching, telephone systems, and working independently in the field to implement such solutions? Do you want to be instrumental in the success of growing a regional technology services firm?
If so, then you should consider applying for this position with Joink!
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Joink, LLC was founded as an Internet Service Provider, providing dial-up, DSL and fixed wireless broadband Internet services. Today, the company provides connectivity for customers who span the landscape from residential to enterprise using technologies that include leased lines, unlicensed wireless, licensed wireless, and fiber optics. Also, the company provides managed hosting services including virtual machine, web/email, and offsite backup storage. And finally, the Company’s technology services group leverages its enterprise knowledge of networking, software, storage, and telephony technologies to provide design, installation, and continued supported around key technologies from companies such as VMware, Cisco UCS, IBM, Veeam and Microsoft.
This representative will support the Activations Team. Work will be varied daily, based on the scope and nature of each service call.
This team member will be given considerable autonomy in representing Joink and completing work, should be self-motivated, able to prioritize and report on work status, and be committed to complete transparency in performing key responsibilities. In addition, this team member should be capable of finding solutions to problems and be comfortable bringing management a problem along with one or more proposed solutions.
- Activations Supervisor
- No direct reports
- May lead, train, or participate in work team assignments
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Provide customer support after activation, including calling customers to verify service expectations were met and offer post installation troubleshooting or support.
- Cross train to become familiar with platforms and technologies utilized by Joink for FTTH (Fiber to the Home) deployment
- Support customers in connecting their devices, testing coverage within the home, and providing customer education on Joink related products and services.
- Respond to tickets and customer concerns daily, performing on-site service calls as needed
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues relating to device connectivity to Joink provided networks, coverage concerns around the customer premises, and the deployment of Joink managed network access points.
- Provide support for Multiple Dwelling Units (MDU) installations
- Driving duties include traveling from worksite to worksite
- Track time throughout each day and enter that time in Joink’s time tracking tool
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Communicate effectively with customers, management, and coworkers regarding the job
- Provide excellent written and verbal communication at both a business and technical level
- Avoid harmful gossip about issues not related to work
- Handle confidential information—including restricted use of cell phone conversations in a public setting, secure versus insecure email, paper/electronic recordkeeping in compliance with client and Joink requirements
- Ability to adjust quickly to changing and competing priorities
- Able to maintain a calm and professional demeanor at all times
- Associate degree in an IT subject area or equivalent experience
- Ability to perform both mechanical work (pulling cable, installing track and wire, installing mounting brackets, punching down CAT5e) and technical work (Network connectivity and configuration, reviewing device analytics and statistics, supporting residential wireless systems).
- Familiar with electronics, digital radio technology, and cellular systems
- Ability to use measuring and diagnostic tools to test, adjust, and repair electronic equipment
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- Candidate must be willing to reside near or commute to Terre Haute, Indiana.
This position requires travel to various locations and routinely uses a variety of equipment and tools relating to electronics, digital radio technology, cellular systems, wireless, and fiber.
Generally, working hours are from 8AM—5PM Monday through Friday. However, applicants must be willing and able to:
- Work after hours or on weekends occasionally for callouts or cutovers
- Work from home providing remote support over VPN if necessary, to support an outage
- Work some overtime as needed and/or without advance notice
- Be on call on a rotational basis
- Travel for one to two-week periods for training and professional development
- Perform job duties in all weather conditions (excepting those which are dangerous, e.g. thunderstorms)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception, ability to distinguish between colors and ability to adjust focus.
- Please prepare a cover letter explaining why you are an excellent fit for this position
- Please outline all work experience, detailing any relevant work experience
- Please outline all training and certifications achieved
- Please describe scenarios in which your logic and analytical abilities have allowed you to troubleshoot and solve problems effectively
Please note that this job description is not a comprehensive list of all activities, duties or responsibilities the employee may be required to engage in for this job. These duties, activities, and responsibilities may change at any time with or without notice.
Joink, LLC is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate against or harass any applicant or employee on any grounds prohibited under any federal, state or local law, including race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, citizenship or membership in any other legally protected class.