Do you enjoy find solutions to complex problems? Are you interested in building a next generation broadband infrastructure for our community? Do you want to be instrumental in the success of growing a regional technology services firm? If so, then you should consider applying for this position with Joink!
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Joink, LLC was founded as an Internet Service Provider, providing dial-up, DSL and fixed wireless broadband Internet services. Today, the company provides connectivity for customers who span the landscape from residential to enterprise using technologies that include leased lines, unlicensed wireless, licensed wireless, and fiber optics. Also, the company provides managed hosting services including virtual machine, web/email, and offsite backup storage. And finally, the Company’s technology services group leverages its enterprise knowledge of networking, software, storage, and telephony technologies to provide design, installation, and continued supported around key technologies from companies such as VMware, Cisco UCS, IBM, Veeam and Microsoft.
ABOUT THE POSITION
This associate will work as a member of the activations team, assisting to build an infrastructure capable of servicing our customers through fiber optics to the premise.
Only organized, motivated individuals who can function as an ambassador of our company, take tremendous pride in their work, care for our equipment, and produce to our specifications should apply for this position.
- Activations Manager
- No direct reports
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Reviews FTTH (Fiber to the Home) activations for QOS
- Schedules field technicians for maintenance tasks and participates in maintenance as needed or required
- Reviews cases and orders for timely follow-up of customer issues or concerns
- Reviews team’s time entry
- Serves as an escalation point for remote troubleshooting of customer concerns
- Willingness to advance IT skills, which will be necessary for customer support
- Willingness to assist in the field to troubleshoot more complex questions or concerns
- Participate in on call schedule during overnight maintenance
- Monitor services during outages and verify completion of outage/maintenance level events
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Must be able to communicate effectively with team members
- Great verbal and written communication skills
- Must be able to remain calm and cool in stressful situations
- Must be able to evaluate situations and make quick judgements occasionally, adjusting quickly to changing priorities
Key qualifications required to fill this position are:
- Associates degree in technology or related experience
- Candidate must be willing to reside near or commute to Terre Haute, Indiana.
- Ability to work after hours or on weekends occasionally as required for callouts, emergency utility hits, or emergency repairs
- Able to work some overtime as needed and/or without advance notice
- Monday – Friday, 5-day per week, 8-hour per day schedule
- On-call shift, rotating with advance notice
- Must be capable of lifting and carrying 50 pounds
- Almost majority of time spent in office setting with outside work limited to inspections, project walk-throughs, path planning, and troubleshooting of issues.
- Please prepare a cover letter explaining why you are an excellent fit for this position
- Please outline all work experience, detailing any relevant work experience
- Please outline all training and certifications achieved
Please note that this job description is not a comprehensive list of all activities, duties or responsibilities the employee may be required to engage in for this job. These duties, activities, and responsibilities may change at any time with or without notice.
Joink, LLC is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate against or harass any applicant or employee on any grounds prohibited under any federal, state or local law, including race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, citizenship or membership in any other legally protected class.