Date Revised: September 18, 2020
Job Title: Accounting Assistant
Classification: Non Exempt, Hourly
QUALIFYING QUESTIONS Do you enjoy organization and a professional workplace where the focus is on details and ensuring things are done “right” the first time? Do you enjoy data analysis? Are you able to thrive in a cooperative and team-oriented setting where work is not routine and often subject to shifting priorities? ADo you enjoy working in a company where your contributions really matter and you can make an immediate difference? Do you enjoy educating business partners, customers, and the whole community about the company you work for and its products and services? If so, then you should consider applying for this position with Joink!
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Joink, LLC was founded as an Internet Service Provider, providing dial-up, DSL and fixed wireless broadband Internet services. Today, the company provides connectivity for customers who span the landscape from residential to enterprise using technologies that include leased lines, unlicensed wireless, licensed wireless, and fiber optics. Also, the company provides managed hosting services including virtual machine, web/email, and offsite backup storage. And finally, the Company’s technology services group leverages its enterprise knowledge of networking, software, storage, and telephony technologies to provide design, installation, and continued supported around key technologies from companies such as VMware, Cisco UCS, IBM, Veeam and Microsoft.
This associate is an integral component of the back-office support staff at Joink. This associate is responsible for accounts receivable, accounts payable, and inventory control.
- Senior Business Analyst
- No direct reports
- May lead, train, or participate in work team assignments
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Serve as customer point of contact to address billing questions, adjusting customer accounts as necessary
- Participate in processing RMA’s, including applying credits received and adjusting inventory records
- Post daily cash receipts into account records, assuring proper general ledger classification
- Prepare invoices based on quotes or written instructions
- Record receipt of inventory items against Purchase Orders within accounting software
- Responsible for month end reconciliation and analysis of assigned general ledger accounts
- Assist with tracking and reporting the status of items that have been ordered as needed
- Assist with Accounts Receivable duties including AR check processing, AR account reconciliation of payments and invoices, monitoring collections
- Assist with Accounts Payable duties including AP Email classification, invoice entry, inventory adjustment analysis and entry, purchase order reconciliationculture
- Other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Ability to adjust to rapidly changing priorities
- Effective Customer Service skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong communication and organization skills
- Capable of managing multiple deadlines
- Analytical and data manipulation skills
- Ability to run reports/compare data
- Ability to learn/understand various departments and their flow of data
- High School Diploma
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field (preferred)
- 2-3 years’ experience in inventory management (preferred)
- Experience with Peachtree, Salesforce.com, Netsuite, AccountingSeed, Sage Intacct (preferred)
- Strong skills in Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel
- Candidate must be willing to reside near or commute to Terre Haute, Indiana.
- 8 AM – 5 PM, Monday – Friday, with overtime as needed
- Occasional before work/after work meetings and events
- Less than 10% overnight travel
- Please prepare a cover letter explaining why you are an excellent fit for this position
- Please outline all work experience, detailing any relevant work experience
- Please outline all training and certifications achieved
- Please describe scenarios in which your logic and analytical abilities have allowed you to troubleshoot and solve problems effectively
Please note that this job description is not a comprehensive list of all activities, duties or responsibilities the employee may be required to engage in for this job. These duties, activities, and responsibilities may change at any time with or without notice.
Joink, LLC is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate against or harass any applicant or employee on any grounds prohibited under any federal, state or local law, including race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, citizenship or membership in any other legally protected class.